Today's post is chock full of tasty and meaty hot links. Just like my pants! Ahem.
- I can't stop staring at these incredibly ingenious photo-shopped images of Keanu Reeves eating everything. It's just so brilliant...and dingy...and sad. I would totally watch that movie. Especially the surreal ending. All your arguments are indeed invalid.
- Ya ever wonder if your memory ain't as grand as ya think it is? How about those of us who swear that we have seen the infamous "In the butt, Bob" moment on The Newlywed Game? OK, that might have happened, but not the way many of us older folks remember it. Yeah, looks like our memory is being affected by some serious misinformation these days. And it's only going to get more muddled the older we get.
- So the new iPhone 4 was announced yesterday. I greet that news with a giant and enthusiastic yawn. I'll get excited about the next Apple product when they announce that it can become self-aware and blow me when I do nice things for it. Even Gia, who is a self-proclaimed Apple Ho*, was thoroughly underwhelmed. She's gonna stick with her current iPhone for now, and I'm going to stay blissfully away from the smart phone market. Until that fellatio app becomes available, of course. And even then it's gonna need a pretty fucking huge port to accommodate me, amirite?
- Calvin and Hobbes was either my favorite or second favorite (after Bloom County) comic-strip back in the day. But Calvin Minus Hobbes paints an altogether different vision of that kid. Now he just seems lonely and...well, a little disturbed. Is it weird that I like these almost as much as the originals?
- I know there are a couple of baseball fans out there (::chirp chirp::), and if you are anything like me then you are stoked to see this Stephen Strasburg kid pitch his first major league game tonight. And if you really want to get even more stoked, then go here and read Joe Posnanski's take on the impact of his arrival to the bigs. Psst...if you are a baseball fan (::chirp chirp::) then you should already be reading Joe's blog. He's a great writer and a great fan of the game.
- I wasn't even going to mention this, because I kinda hate the guy. But I've always said that Tom Cruise, no matter how you feel about him as an acto, as a role model or as blinking crazy man, absolutely jumps into every single role he plays with two great big crazy feet. His bit the other night on the MTV Movie Awards was no exception. I don't find it funny at all, but it did make me stop and stare for a little while with a stupid look on my face. Kinda how I look whenever I read any of your blogs, really. Kinda how you look right now reading this crap. Hi!
*Seriously, how cool is it that Dave2's "Apple Whore" image is the very first thing that pops up under a Google image search for Apple Whore?
___________________________________________________Note: Remember to play the Badgerdaddy Trivia Challenge every day. Did you get the hot links joke up there? I meant cock...get it?