- Our four cats. Gogo, Wolowitz, Bootsy and Bennington. They make us so happy nearly every day. I say "nearly", because happiness doesn't just happen every day. Sometimes they puke on the carpet and you step on it with your bare feet. Those days aren't so great.
- Jim Beam. I love me some bourbon, and I love me some classy bourbons. But most times, I just want some plain old Jim Beam. Filet mignon is awesome, but a lot of times you'd rather just have a great burger. Jim Beam is that great burger. You know what I mean.
- Baseball. I've been enjoying this off-season of baseball nearly as much as the regular season. Having the weekly radio show certainly helps. Being a fan of a team that you know is gonna spends some money to ensure a quality product is out on the field every day is an even bigger help.
- Cooking. It both excites and calms me. I was a indifferent chef for most of my life, but now I try to inspire myself in the kitchen at least 4 or 5 times a week. Good for me, good for Gia, good for our health. It might be a more recent passion than booze or baseball for me, but it's just as important.
- The Internet. Without it, I wouldn't be watching Breaking Bad or Mad Men on Netflix, boring y'all with this here blog of mine, wasting time on Twitter or playing silly games. I also wouldn't be finding as many cool recipes or friends or opportunities for...whatever. I never want to be unplugged again. Except for the times when I don't wanna be plugged in. Again, you know what I mean.
- Tom Waits. I wasn't a big fan growing up, but I've really come to appreciate the man and his music. Whenever I'm feeling particularly down or up, Tom centers me. I dig that.
- My family. This is the extended family I'm talking about. My family, Gia's family, our friends, our friends' families. It's all family to me. They are...the best.
- All y'all. That, according to a Southern friend of mine, is the plural of y'all. Which, of course, is a plural expression. "You all". Hey, I don't try to make or break any rules. But all y'all are pretty damned special, and I appreciate the hell outta you.
- My Gia. She is my world.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
Make it your own. Fly your turkey freak flag.