- I lost a follower the other day. So did Slyde. We don't know who it is, and it might not even be the same person. One day they are there, the next...poof! Sometimes this whole "following" thing on Blogger is a bit puzzling to me. It's a great tool for, well...following other folk's blogs. Once you click on the "follow this blog" link it automatically updates your blog list on Google Reader. I like that. But it seems kind of pretentious to have it sitting there on the sidebar of my blog. And there are other problems with it. I tend to manually update Google Reader as well to put it in a specific category, so if I want to delete that blog from my reader (it has happened) then I have to do it in Google Reader and on my Blogger dashboard or on the individual's blog itself. So it's a bit clunky and pretentious is all I'm saying. A lot of folks like it though, so I'm about 50-50 on getting rid of it. I dunno.
- The President addressed Congress and the nation last night. But it wasn't a State of the Union address. I'm a bit confused, but I like it. We've seen more of this guy in his first month than we saw of the last guy in his first nine months. Agree with him, disagree with him. At least he's out there. These addresses are a little ridiculous though. Stand up, sit down, fight, fight, fight! I'm gonna really respect the politician who instructs the audience to save their appreciation for the end of the speech. Not too much to ask. It's not like we are at a High School pep rally anymore. I dunno.
- Still on track to see my 500th post next Thursday or Friday. And I still haven't decided how to celebrate it. Maybe I'll just ignore it and wait until lucky number 1,000. I dunno.
- Have you ever been sitting at your computer and you find that you need another word for vagina, but you are drawing a blank? At last there is a solution. Just keep on re-loading that page. Heaven's Door might be a new favorite of mine. I dunno.
- Mel Gibson was on Jimmy Kimmel a couple of nights ago. And he did this really bizarre fake movie trailer for The Colonel. Does he hate chickens as much as he hates Jews? I dunno.
- I had the MLB Network on in the background yesterday while I was working. They were showing a replay of Opening Day in 1981 when the White Sox and their new catcher Carlton Fisk played the Red Sox at Fenway. Best thing about it, besides the Red Sox losing? Harry Caray did the play-by-play. At one point he introduces Dennis Eckersley who is starting the game for the BoSox. He says "There's Eckersley with his long, shoulder length hair. He says it helps him to hide his sinker ball." Cracked me up. I could totally picture Will Ferrell saying something like that while impersonating Caray. There used to be some great stuff on Youtube featuring Ferrell as Caray, but alot of it is gone now. I'd like to blame Hulu for it. I dunno.
- I had a lot more in my head that I was gonna write about here, but now it is gone. I dunno.
Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. All the cool kids are doing it, I guess. I dunno.