Mar 6, 2012

It's Educational!!!

Had something I really wanted to post about tonight, but I got wrapped up in a conversation on Twitter with Sybil and Marty about the Pixies. Then I forgot what I wanted to post about.

Shit happens.  So there's this:


UMass
The Pixies

In the sleepy west of the woody east
is a valley full, full o' pioneer
we're not just kids, to say the least
we got ideas to us that's dear
like capitalist, like communist
like lots of things you've heard about
and redneckers they get us pissed
and stupid stuff it makes us shout
oh dance with me oh don't be shy
oh kiss me cunt and kiss me cock
oh kiss the world oh kiss the sky
oh kiss my ass oh let it rock
of the april birds and the may-bee
oh baby
it's educational
it's educational
it's educational
it's educational
it's educational
it's educational
it's educational
it's educational
university
of massachusetts, please
and here's the last five
it's educational
it's educational
it's educational
it's educational
it's educational.

9 comments:

Water Logged Canine said...

Rumor is Kurt was inspired by this song to write "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

I can hear it...can you?

Slyde said...

i hear ya... Sybil is always talking dirty to me as well on Facebook... we spend hours each night like that...time flies...

Verdant Earl said...

Doggie - A little bit. But Nevermind and Trompe le Monde (the album U Mass came from) were both released in the same year, 1991. The song I heard he was trying to copy was Debaser, but it could be any of them. He was a fan.

Slyde - Facebook friends! Wait...what's Facebook?

marty mankins said...

Once again, Earl, you are right about something Pixies. Cobain was a huge fan of Doolittle, if I remember reading right.

Our Twitter convo last night was great. And now I know J&M Chain were the original creators of "Head On"

And now I am off to play Pixies in shuffle mode. "Hey... been trying to reach you..."

sybil law said...

Yes! Looks like it's gonna be another day of Pixies for me. :)
And ha! I meant to tweet this to you last night, but I got so tired and forgot - I posted some Pixies songs to Facebook, but you'd never know unless I told you since you don't have a Facebook! Wah! Only Slyde can see them! Oh, and Marty. Well, also like a jillion other people, but that's not my point.
Wah! You aren't on Facebook!
But you posted some Pixies. That's way sexier than Slyde and his Farmville requests.
:)

Verdant Earl said...

Marty - I used to be semi-obsessed with the band. Never understood why I was the only person I knew who was into them.

Slyde - WAIT! SLYDE PLAYS FARMVILLE? BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!! I don't really even know what that is, but I know Gia's mother plays it on Facebook. :)

Candy's daily Dandy said...

I like anything that reminds me of magic, fairy dust and Tinkerbell.

savannah said...

why do i feel so old reading about the pixies? *sigh*
xoxoxoxox

Verdant Earl said...

Candy - HA! I think that's why they chose the name. ;)

Savannah - S'allgood. The kids in the band are probably feeling pretty old these days too.