This is for those of you who are cool enough to play in my trivia game. You can get to it by the tab on top of my header pic, by the way. That would make me happy. Or I usually link to it at the bottom of each post.
So the end of the month is approaching and I wanna make some changes to the format. First lemme run through a few things about the quiz. I don't make up the questions. All I do is pick the categories. And some of them suck! Like the History category. What the hell is that all about? They include Spelling Bee questions, recipes and stuff about embroidery. I guess just about anything that is factual could wind up in that category, but I would prefer REAL history questions. Here are the canned categories available to us:
- Animals - no difficulty levels
- Celebrities - Easier and More Difficult
- General Knowledge - 6 levels from Very Easy to Very Difficult
- Geography - Easy, Intermediate, Difficult
- History - Easy, Intermediate, Difficult (what a joke!)
- Hobbies - no difficulty levels
- Literature - Easy and More Difficult
- Movies - Easy, Intermediate, Difficult
- Music - Easy, Intermediate, Difficult
- People - Easy and More Difficult
- Religion - Easy, More Difficult and Bible Trivia (!!!)
- Science & Technology - Easy, Intermediate, Difficult
- Sports: Baseball - Easy and Difficult
- Sports: General - Easy and Intermediate
- World: Australia - no difficulty levels
- World: UK - no difficulty levels
- World Trivia - Easier and More Difficult
- World: Canada - no difficulty levels
- World: Europe - no difficulty levels
- Fun Trivia Mixed Bag - taken from all categories
Another thing that I have control over is the difficulty level. I prefer the difficult questions over the easy questions because, frankly, the easy questions are retarded. The difficult questions aren't much better, but at least it's not a race to answer 10 questions the quickest. That's not very fun.
The one thing I do like is the Wednesday Custom Category Day. Where we get to pick the category from any subject. Today's category is Pirates and it was suggested by badgerdaddy. There were only 45 questions in the database on Pirates, but I thought that was good enough. So no matter how esoteric (is that the proper word?) you believe the category to be, keep the suggestions coming.
So for those of you playing the quiz, I have three (3) questions for you:
- What canned categories would you like to see?
- Do you prefer Easier or Difficult questions?
- What would be one custom category you would like to see on Wednesday?
For those of you who don't play the quiz...well, February 1st is Sunday. Sounds like a great time to join in, if you ask me. Invite your friends too. The more the merrier!
PS - Good luck to Adam and RW. With only a few days left in the month it's almost a dead heat between the three of us for the top score in January. A few more of you would be in there if you played everyday, but you have to be in it to win it.
Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. All the quiz kids are doing it.