I haven't done a bullet post in quite some time now. I don't want them thar bullets to feel like I am denying them a place in my life. So here you go. A rose for the lonseome bullets.
- I've been really into baseball this season. Even more than usual, if you can believe that. Maybe it's because I joined a couple of Fantasy leagues. Maybe it's because the MLB Network is all baseball, all day long. Maybe it's because the Yankees spent $400 million plus in the off-season and I was excited about the prospect of a dominant season. Hasn't happened, by the way. I blame M.I.A-Rod. Douche!
- I guess it's big news and all, but I'm not affected in the least by the death of Michael Jackson. One less whack-job in the world. Sorry if that sounds hurtful. I just don't understand the cult of celebrity and the ups and downs that come with it.
- Now Farrah Fawcett dying. That's sad. If only because I had a personal connection to her. I had her poster in my room when I went thru puberty. Let's just say that we shared a few private moments together and leave it at that.
- I like facial hair. You like facial hair. Even the 15 Most Absurd Mustaches in Film History. Sam Elliot may have had some absurd mustaches, but he fucking rules!
- Son...I am disappoint.
- I made some more bacon-infused bourbon today. It's my brother in-law's 50th birthday this weekend. He gets bacon bourbon and homemade chili from me. Have I mentioned how much I fucking rule? Just like Sam Elliot!
- I've said it before, but I think that Saving Grace might be one of the most underrated shows on television that no one I know is watching. Every single episode is breathtaking. Absolutely amazing.
- I watched an amazing movie a couple of nights ago called Tiptoes. It starred Matthew McConaughey and Gary Oldman as twin brothers, but McConaughey is the only normal-sized person in his entire family. The rest are dwarfs (dwarves?). I thought it was going to be an oddball comedy, but it was played absolutely straight. Oldman is amazing, and they way they film him is incredible. The film also stars a bunch of real-life little people like Peter Dinklage and porn-star Bridget the Midget.
Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. I like yer style, Dude.