- I like that it is the only season that is referred two by two different names. Seems whimsical to me.
- I enjoy sleeping under a blanket with the windows open. Two things that don't really go well together during Long Island's hot and humid Summer months.
- Fall festivals. I can't get enough of them. The NYC area has a bunch of oyster festivals that began this past weekend and continue through the middle of October. I don't even really like oysters, but I do love me a festival. Harvest festivals come in a close second.
- Oktoberfest. I love me some good German food and some even better German beer. Oktoberfest usually runs through the end of September and into the beginning of October. Great excuse to get your oompah on.
- Layers. As much as I love popping on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt in the Summer for sheer convenience sakes, I also love the layering options in the Fall and Winter. A t-shirt, a sweater, maybe a fleece or a vest. Because on any given Fall day you have no idea what the weather is gonna be like. Layering gives you many options.
- Football. I'm a baseball guy through and through, but I love me some football on the weekends. The Fighting Irish on Saturdays (fuck you, Michigan!) and the entire NFL on Sundays. Either sitting at home with a bowl of chips or at the sports bar with the rest of the maniacs...football is comforting.
- Chili. While it may be the most perfect food invented for any time of the year, a nice steaming pot of chili on a crisp Autumn day is a wonderful thing. Think I'm gonna make me some pretty soon. It's like a ritual to me. The recipe was passed down to me from my father and I'll get to pass it down to...well, my nephews I guess. Or the cats. They dig chili also.
- Halloween. And everything associated with it. Carving jack o' lanterns, watching scary movies, dressing up in women's clothing. Wait, what? Anyway, I'm gonna be down in Charleston SC this year for Halloween. I'm hoping for a slight chill in the air and maybe a ghost story or two. Mwu-ha-ha-ha!!!
Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. I really don't enjoy dressing up in women's clothing. Not really.