Apr 1, 2010

Random crap

So I was thinking about specialty blogs. You know, blogs that specifically pick one topic and write and link to crap about that shit.

If you are into celebrity snarky blogs, you might read WWTDD or The Superficial.

If you are into sports snarky blogs, you might read Kissing Suzy Kolber or With Leather.

If you are into technology blogs, you might read Gizmodo or Engadget.

But my favorite topic-specific blog lately has been io9. A sci-fi blog. If you dig, you should dig.

What do you read, in this kind of blog kinda way?
___________________________________________________

I don't read your blog.  Well, sometimes I do.  I read some of them.  But honestly, I read some of the stuff that is in my feed reader and I blow through a lot more.  How do you know?  You probably don't.  I may stop by to leave a comment if I do, but more often than not I don't.  I just read it and I move on.  Sometimes.

Like I said, I don't read your blog.  Sometimes.

___________________________________________________

I got some decent feedback from my last few recipe blog entries.  I'm thinking of starting a recipe blog.  But a group thing.  Something that 2 or 6 or 20 of us can do together.  What do you think?  If you are into a sharing recipe blog then leave a comment and I'll fucking consider it.  Just kidding....if enough of us want to do it then I will set it up as a blog administrator and I'll invite y'all.  That's right.  I used "y'all".
___________________________________________________

This would have made a good bullet post, wouldn't it have?
___________________________________________________

The Final Four is this weekend, and I don't give a crap.

___________________________________________________

I had a bone-in filet mignon with prawns and a foie-gras butter sauce for dinner tonight.  A couple of Sapphire Gibsons and a glass of wine with an iceberg wedge salad as well.  Daddy is happy!
___________________________________________________

You ever just want a simple piece of chocolate.  Me too.

Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. There is a lot of stuff going on.

15 comments:

Kevin McKeever said...

I gain weight just reading this blog.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I devour. Sometimes I skim. It's me, not you (the collective you).

I'm glad it's a new month so I can come back to trivia!

Barlinnie said...

If the truth be known, there are probably only 6 bloggers left in the entire world. Everyone else has sold their soul to Facebook and become a clone.

Or should that be clown?

RW said...

I keep pruning my blogroll. It's at it's lowest total of links ever. What does this mean? It means stay interesting or piss off. I'm not a nice man.

Kaye Waller said...

That's okay. I don't read your blog either. Sometimes. I just like typing capchas.

Avitable said...

Videogum is a great snarky entertainment site.

I can't eat bone-in foods. It's a quirk of mine.

savannah said...

bless your heart, even though i totally blew it with my mac&cheese recipe, i'm game to join a recipe site. i have a great one for panna cotta and balsamic vinegar strawberries, sugar! xoxox

re blogs, i'm here, sugar! i read in the feeder and then drop by and leave comments. i also set my blogroll up so that new posts rise to the top. my problem is answering comments on my own damn blog, darlin!

Slyde said...

I prefer to read speciality blogs where they emphasize on posting shitty nonsense...

thats why i come here....

sybil law said...

I don't eat bone in filet. I don't think I've ever even seen one!! It's why I buy filet - no bones!
YOU should totally start a food blog. I would maybe contribute, but I don't cook as much as you. Not even close!!
I have been skipping blogs like crazy, lately. I read some, but don't comment near as much.
You must be special. :)

Heff said...

We don't take it personally, lol.

white rabbit said...

I'd never heard of Suzy Kolber. Now I know. Jury's out on whether I'd want to kiss her though.

Verdant Earl said...

Uncool - that's clearly my intention.

Hilly - well, we're glad to have you back.

Jimmy - well three cheers for he 6 bloggers left! Wait...am I one of them?

RW - I'm sure you're a real sweetheart.

Steph - Ha!

Avitable - I'm usually like that too. Steak is the only food that I break the code. Never chicken. Blech!

Savannah - I'll let you know about the recipe thingy.

Slyde - Et tu, douche?

Sybil - Special like in "Special Olympics" kinda special? ;)

Heff - You should! ;)

Wabbit - It's a great piece of video. Joe Namath drunk off his mind during an interview with Suzy. He stops and basically tells her he just wants to kiss her because she's so pretty. Poor Joe.

Kevin Spencer said...

Never heard of io9, will check it out. Like a good Sci-Fi post or two.

LegalMist said...

I love "y'all." It's a great word.

I comment on your blog 'cause I have to come here to play trivia so I might as well leave a comment. I don't comment on others nearly as often.

I read a lot of 'em, though.

Bruce Johnson said...

I live for "The Superfical"...visit it every day.

....but my fav is by far shorpy.com...


..ow yeah...I don't read your crap either.