Maybe that's a good thing every once in a while. It's been several weeks since I was posting regularly here on the ole Verdant Dude. Lots of reasons for that. Vacation was the reason for at the beginning, but then life intervened in ways that I don't really want to talk about here. Because that's not what I use this space for. I did, once upon a time. But I've since decided to keep this site mostly free of my personal life.
But I'm still kicking, don't you worry about me.
So what can I talk about here? Let's see...BULLET STYLE!!!
- We've done three new episodes of Just Talking to the Cornfield
since the last time I've regularly blogged. The Colonel and I have
discussed all kinds of fascinating baseball-related topics. OK,
fascinating to some people. Pure Hell for others. Different strokes
and all. Oh, we are on iTunes as well, so look for us there.
- There was that vacation I mentioned above. Block Island off the coast of Rhode Island (which isn't really an island at all). That was some fun shit right there. Mostly. I heartily recommend that place to anyone who enjoys the island life...without having to go all the way to the Caribbean.
- I've seen a bunch of new stuff on Netflix Instant. Namely French zombie movies. That's right...French zombie movies. That would be "zombi" en francais. The Horde was excellent. Mutants a little less so, but still entertaining. Oh, those French...
- Saw the new Captain America flick. Man, oh man that was a shitload of fun. If you like well-done war movies or well-done superhero flicks, then you should check it out. If you like both...well, run to the theater. It's that good. Seriously.
- I've discovered that the best possible use for Catdaddy Carolina Moonshine is to mix it with a splash of OJ and some seltzer. A Catdaddy Orangina, if you will. It...is...sublime.
- I've read three more Jack Reacher books from Lee Childs. I'm still having a hard time believing that Tom Cruise might wind up playing him in a feature film. ::shivers::
- Speaking of Tom Cruise, before the Cap film we saw a trailer for the next Mission Impossible movie. I certainly have issues with Cruise (can he fly yet?), but I did love the first and third entries in the series. And since JJ Abrams is involved again in this one, along with Jeremy Renner, I'm all in. Entertainment!