Aug 17, 2009

Boob Tube Bullets

 Just because. Just for scuzz.


  • Gia and I are nearly finished with Season 3 of Friday Night Lights.  The show, awesome by the way, has been renewed for an additional two seasons.  But there is a catch.  They are only going to be available first-run on Direct TV.  They will eventually be shown in reruns on NBC during the summer months, but if we want to watch them as they air we will need Direct TV.  Sucks!
  • And I am almost done with my month-long dance with Battlestar Galactica.  I just watched the first episode of the second half of Season 4 (that will make sense to most of you out there).  It's far more awesome than I hoped it would be.  I can't wait to find out what happens next.  This is a great show for the odd few of you who haven't given it a go.  So say we all.
  • Season 3 of Mad Men started tonight on AMC.  I haven't seen an episode since the series premiere a few years back, but I think this is the next show that Gia and I are gonna tackle.  So I figured I would plug it into the old DVR for future viewing.  Just in case.  Have I mentioned how hot Christina Hendricks is?
  • Do 3 items make up a bullet post?  I don't think so.  I'll fix it...
  • Bam!
  • Bam!
There.


___________________________________________________

Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. What are you watching?

15 comments:

Avitable said...

I set my DVR to record season 3 of Mad Men, too. Figured I could always go back and rewatch the first two seasons eventually.

Verdant Earl said...

Avitable - I've only heard good things.

Anonymous said...

I'm a little irritated about the FNL thing on DirectTV. Eh, I'll probably download them....*cough*.

2abes said...

For ninety nine percent of the viewing public, "friday night lights" will premiere on NBC in the summer. I bet you don't know a dozen people with direct tv.

Verdant Earl said...

Hilly - a wink is as good as a nod to a blind man. ;)

2abes - I don't know ONE person with Direct TV for their home. I know a bunch of pubs that have it, but no residential subscriptions.

Slyde said...

and to think, i tried to get you to watch BSG for years now....

Heff said...

Yep, she's pretty hot. I wonder if the carpet matches the...

Verdant Earl said...

Slyde - yeah, but I never listen to you.

Heff - she's a red-hot hottie, all right.

Miss Britt said...

My husband is a psychotic FNL fan.

Luckily, he doesn't know about the DirectTV option and has resigned himself to watching it next summer.

Verdant Earl said...

Britt - I'll tell him if you would like me to. Jared, right? ;)

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Hey....I'm bulleting today too!

Haven't seen one Mad Men episode, but with all the hoopla, Ive decided to start.

i am the diva said...

Oh lordy, i just finished watching the series finale of BSG last week.... i'm still reeling!! I kinda wanna watch it again. i also just got my Dorky Tshirt in the mail yesterday... it says: "What the FRAK!"

yeah. So say we all.

Verdant Earl said...

Candy - and you are in NY! Woot!

Diva - I might need a dorky t-shirt after all is said and done. I should be finished with BSG on Thursday. So sad!

Bruce Johnson said...

The wife and I are currently engrossed in "Dating in the Dark" and "More To Love" (or as I like to call it Orcas in Heat). So there isn't a lot of time for watching the whole seasons of good television, but I am starting to drift in that direction.

One series of note that I have stumbled across (because some kind soul bothers to post it on Usenet on a regular basis) is "Nurse Jackie. A half hour show staring Edie Falco that is very good. She is a nurse with 'issues'....and they are pretty entertaining. Nothing like trying to open up someones airway when your nose starts bleeding from all the coke you just did in the bathroom. Interesting stuff.

Verdant Earl said...

Bruce - I've heard good things about Nurse Jackie. And Edie Falco is from my neighborhood. In fact, her mother still works occasionally at a diner just down the road.