Thought it was time for another round of Movie Quote Trivia. I post 'em and you try to guess the film. Answer in the comment section and I'll give ya the credit. It's that easy. Some will be a little difficult...some will be simple. All depending on your Movie Quote Trivia knowledge
Here goes. These are all from films that I dig in a big way:
- "That sarcastic contemptuous tone that means you know everything because you're a man, and I know nothing because I'm a woman." The Birdcage (no one guessed this correctly)
- "I don't know anyone in New York who doesn't say 'I'm leaving'. I've been thinking of leaving New York for... uh... thirty-five years now." Blue in the Face/Smoke (Savannah) - WOW!
- "I get this ache... And I, I thought it was for sex, but it's to tear everything to fucking pieces." Ginger Snaps (no one guessed this correctly)
- "Hey lady - you want some fucking cheese? Get your own fucking cheese!" The Wrestler (Limpy)
- "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?" Stand By Me (Paticus)
- "He's better at this than I've ever been at anything in my life. He's better at this than you'll ever be, at anything. My son has a gift. He has a gift, and when you acknowledge that, then maybe we will have something to talk about." Searching For Bobby Fischer (Artful Kisser)
- "'Vámonos, amigos,' he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintcraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight." The Royal Tennenbaums (Artful Kisser)
- "I was at Woodstock, for Christ's sake! I peed in a field! I hung on to The Who's helicopter as it flew away!" Parenthood (Paticus)
- "Please tell me you're not waving your hand in front of my face." The Lookout (no one guessed this correctly)
- "What did one shepherd say to the other shepherd? Let's get the flock out of here! " Lethal Weapon (Paticus)
- "What to do you see when you're in the dark, and the demons come?" In the Line of Fire (no one guessed this correctly)
- "11:55, almost midnight. Enough time for one more story. One more story before 12:00, just to keep us warm." The Fog (Limpy...kinda)
- "Dear Lord, please give us the strength and courage to tear this man from limb to limb." Diggstown (2abes)
- "You have to set an example even in the face of stupidity. Everybody who reads comic books knows that the Kirby Silver Surfer is the only true Silver Surfer. Now am I right or wrong?" Crimson Tide (no one guessed this correctly)
- "And I'm not gay, ok? I get that all the time. No, I'm not gay." 200 Cigarettes (no one guessed this correctly)
- "Not all of us who drink are poets. Some of us drink because we're not poets." Arthur (2abes)
- "Don't worry about it. They always hire bums like me for jobs like this. " Streets of Fire (no one guessed this correctly)
- "Your deputy's name is Barney? That's great." Clay Pigeons (no one guessed this correctly)
- "What's with you? Yesterday you were normal and today you're like the Chinese guy from the Karate Kid. What's with you today?" Empire Records (White Rabbit)
- "I'm so hungry I could eat a grown man's ass right now! " The Foot Fist Way (no one guessed this correctly)
Bonus points for the quote in the title (O Brother, Where Art Thou? - Sybil Law) and in the footer (A History of Violence - Limpy). Go get 'em kids!
Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. "I should have killed you back in Philly."