Jul 15, 2010

Hellevator

I saw this yesterday on io9, the hip place to be if you're a sci-fi hipster like me.

It's a trailer for a film called Devil, and (despite the fact that it's based on an original story by M. Night Shyamalan) it looks pretty good.  The idea itself is pure simplicity.  Five people are stuck in an elevator, except one of them might just be.......SATAN!

Classic horror story stuff.  And if the trailer is any indication (often not the case), then it looks like it was slickly made.  It's due to hit theaters (maybe) in September.  Either way, I'll probably catch it on Netflix.



Oh yeah, and the goofy looking guy in the suit in the trailer?  Yeah, he's married to this:


___________________________________________________
Note: Remember to play the Badgerdaddy Trivia Challenge every day. Going down?

14 comments:

RW said...

nice trailer.

Verdant Earl said...

RW - tell me about it.

Slyde said...

they SHOULD have called it Hellevator...

sybil law said...

Ooooh....

(Too hungover to write something more coherent...)

Verdant Earl said...

Slyde - I dunno. I kinda like the simple aesthetic of Devil. Could mean so much.

Sybil - Aaaah! Wait...you are hungover? Don't you usually write a post when you are drunk? ;)

Heff said...

Hey ! I remember those....I mean HER.

Hey ! I LIKE M. Night Shyamalan's work !

This seems like it might have kind of an old "Twilight Zone" feel to it.

Verdant Earl said...

Heff - Yeah, it does sound like a Twilight Zone episode. I dig.

Kevin McKeever said...

Mad Men doesn't come back soon enough.

Kat said...

I'll check this out later. I LOVE scary movies!! But the kiddies are around right now and this doesn't look very G even if it's just a trailer.

white rabbit said...

Lucky goofy looking guy. Do you suppose I could hook somethiong similar if I practise looking goofy?

No. Don't answer that. It's a rhetorical question.

Verdant Earl said...

Uncool - So nice you said it twice. Were you thinking of something else that comes in pairs? ;)

Kat - It's a wee bit scary. Not for the kiddies.

Wabbit - That goofy bastard has given hope to all the other goofy bastards on the planet.

hello haha narf said...

oh my fuck, she is stunning. hell, *i* would do her!
who is she?

Verdant Earl said...

Becky - That's Christina Hendricks. She's on Mad Men on AMC. And she appears nightly in my erotic dreams. :)

Bruce Johnson said...

Why do the goofy looking guys always end up with the hot chicks. I loves me some Christina Hendricks. When MadMen premiers this Sunday I am going to be parked in front of the HDTV with a glass of scotch and a jar of vasoline......yeah baby.