Hi, there! It was a long and exciting weekend, yo. We attended a craft beer festival out on the North Fork of Long Island on Saturday, so there was a bit of drinking going on. It was an incredibly gorgeous day, hitting a high of 78 or so where we were. And sunny too. Just perfect for spending the day with other craft beer devotees, drinking great beers and eating barbecue. Watched a couple of cooking demonstrations as well, so all-in-all...good day.
Now you get bullets:
- My post yesterday didn't show up on my feed reader until about six hours after I posted it to Blogger. Maybe the content (criticizing the Bush administration) had me flagged for censorship on Google. Maybe it was just the Olympic time delay. Hmm. Conspiracy man wants to know.
- Are you one of those people? I'm talking about a person who will take a look at an entire pizza pie and then choose the "best" slice out of the bunch, forsaking the one closest to you? Yeah, I'm one of those people too. You know what this says about us? It says that we care more about the perfect slice of pizza than our loved ones. That we are willing to leave the crap slices just for them. Well, we all have to have our boundaries.
- We had a hail storm of gigantic proportions on Monday. I've seen some itty-bitty hail in my days, but living on Long Island I've never seen a full-blown hail attack like the one we had today. The hail stones varied in size from little pearls to extra-large marbles and it came down for about 10 minutes. It was crazy! A tornado watch was also posted, but I'm not sure if one materialized. We have had about 4-5 tornadoes in the past week or so alone in my area. Not an area normally associated with tornadic activity, mind you. Something is fucking with our weather. Conspiracy man wants to know.
- Going back to #2 for a second, I just grabbed some Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream from the freezer...and all the fucking Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are gone! Well most of them. Serves me right for being a pizza dick!
- Go over here and play his little game. It amuses me.
- I haven't charged my cell phone since Thursday, and it still is showing a full battery. I don't understand the science behind it all, but it seems to be evolving into something new. Kind of like the machines in the Matrix or the Terminator films. When it all goes bad, just remember that the war began right here. Sounds like another possible conspiracy.
Random Wiki: Arakaw Nagazane was a samurai in service to Uesugi Kenshin back in the 1500s. Not only was he a warrior, but he was a body double for his lord. That shit is fucking bad ass! I'm gonna read about samurai and ninjas for the rest of the night. Psyched!