Mar 12, 2009

Cute Overload

Dammit! When the cute comes, it comes in bunches.

Just the other day I posted the story of the tiger cub and the young dolphin who are friends in the making out at a zoo in California. Then today I get sent this video that cranks the inter-species friendship bar up a notch.


At an animal sanctuary in Tennessee that mostly specializes in retired circus and zoo elephants, an odd friendship has blossomed. It seems that the elephants kind of pair off right away. They find another elephant and they become BFFs. Well, this one elephant found a best friend in one of the stray dogs that live in the sanctuary. The two are inseparable. Even when the dog was recovering from back surgery the elephant stood vigil outside the recovery area. Waiting for him.

You should check out that video because it's really amazing.

Elephants and dogs getting along like best friends. Maybe there is hope for this planet after all.

Nah! Not with us in charge.

___________________________________________________

Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. All the friendly animals are doing it.

16 comments:

Avitable said...

I remember seeing this video a few months ago. It's so awesome!

And, "their is hope"??

Faiqa said...

Oh, Earl... Did it ever occur to you that maybe all the other elephants and dogs hate Bella and Tara because they're jerks?!!

And that they get along with w/each other because they don't speak one another's language so they don't realize how much of an ass the other is?!!

How can you BE so naive?!

Sigh. I'm sorry. I'm going through something right now. There may be a little displacement going on here. ;)

Angry Empanada said...

oh thats just too cute to handle. you tryin to make me go all over emotional edna on you and cry?

jeez.

hi earl.

how's life? LOL

Verdant Earl said...

Avitable - I'm so ashamed. It has been fixed. Sigh.

Faiqa - very dark of you. But you are right. Probably a bunch of assholes.

Friday - Heya! Life? Eh...okay I guess. ;)

Michelle said...

Tara and Bella!!

I strive to be just like them!!! Eat together, drink together and sleep together!!!

Now I just have to find a BBF OR a MAN!!!

Ok, i digress!!!

That is cuteness X1000!!!

Slyde said...

it's true.... i am best friends with a wombat...

Verdant Earl said...

Michelle - The wuv each other.

Slyde - it's true...his best friend is a wombat.

Heff said...

I had no idea most elephants are lesbians.

Kate said...

oh my Harumphin' gosh, I'm drowning in cuteness over here~!
My cat spooky follows me around like that, too, it's weird.

Kevin McKeever said...

Nexy, cats and dogs living in sin ... It's the Stay-Puft marshmellow man!

Verdant Earl said...

Heff - there is a joke there, but I ain't falling for it.

Kate - Our cat Syd used to follow us everywhere we went. He liked to go in the bathroom with us and lay on our feet while we were on the crapper. No shit.

Uncool - Real wrath of God stuff!!!

Bruce Johnson said...

It is a slow day inside Earl's head when he is recycling CBS news stories from 2 weeks ago........how sad.

Verdant Earl said...

Bruce - very sad. Especially since I saw it for the first time yesterday. Where the hell have I been?

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Oh. My. God. I loved that...I am such a sucker for a cute story..

elizabeth said...

Lurves it.. I am all turned to mush just now.

Verdant Earl said...

Candy - Me three.

Liz - that was clearly my intention. ;)