Mar 27, 2009

Music Video Fridays - The Cocktail Slippers

Who are The Cocktail Slippers? Why only the finest all-female rock band ever to come out of Norway. That's who they are. And hey...they have a blog! Neat.

I've only recently heard of them. I like to listen to Little Steven's Underground Garage on XM Radio, and apparently he is a fan. Because I've heard them on there a few times now. And they are signed to his Wicked Cool label, of course. They are a little bubblegum for my usual tastes, but I kinda dig 'em.

The first video, well I'm not sure it's an official video really, is a great introduction to the band. Because they introduce the band in a sort of video diary. Hey! It's for a song called "St. Valentine's Day Massacre" off of their soon to be released next album. Little Steven makes an appearance as well. Reminds me a bit of the retro 60's stuff that Debbie Harry would do occasionally with Blondie.



The next video is a song called "Go Get It" and it's very catchy.



And finally we have "Starlet Cole". The organ solo in the middle is a bit unfortunate, but I think I really dig this band. Nothing too exotic, but great licks and great looks. What more could a fanboy want?



Have a great weekend!

___________________________________________________

Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. Alle avkjøle barn gjør den (All the cool kids are doing it - in Norwegian. I think).

20 comments:

Mrs. Hall said...

Very much enjoyed the middle tune, was a bit long but very good. The other too, hmm could be better.

but DAMMIT EARL!!L!!!!!!


I want to be in a band!! I could totally write lyrics and be the lead singer. I mean, I can sing ok and man o man would I have the stage prescence. I mean I am a babe and very energetic in both cute odd and magnetic ways. I would be an awesome lead. urg.

URGGSSSF!!!!!

dammit.

ok

carry on.

Verdant Earl said...

Holly - Little Steven wrote that first one. And I rather liked the last tune. My favorite of the bunch.

Barlinnie said...

Nice looking gals. There's no one amongst them that I wouldnae slip my cocktail intae.

Michelle said...

Yes, I like them!! Good tunes for a Friday morning!

Makes me kinda want to get up and move!! Around!!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Anonymous said...

can't see the video at work so i'll take your word. Are the as good as the 55,6,7,8's

Verdant Earl said...

Jimmy - and there it is! Well done, sir.

Michelle - tell me 'bout it.

2abes - You know, when I first saw Kill Bill I thought the 5,6,7,8's were Shonen Knife...a band I was already a fan of. But they rocked. This band is very different though. You don't have to be into surf guitar to enjoy them. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the heads up, Earl. I'm gonna get 'em.

Kate said...

Does anybody else hear a little Susanna Hoffs from the Bangles in the singer?

Good stuff! Thanks for heads up.

Slyde said...

i can never see these videos at work..

every friday its like a party where im not invited.. :(

-sniff- :(

Heff said...

Their guitars are hotter than they are...

Verdant Earl said...

MikeB - a little play on words...I like it.

Kate - Yes! Especially in the second song.

Slyde - you should be used to that.

Heff - I'll defer to your judgment. I know nothing about guitars. I think the lead singer is kinda hawt though.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Cocktail Slippers is an awesome name for a chick band!

Kinda Go Go's though, but catchy!

Dr Zibbs said...

Love it. Willl have to stop by later to hear the others.

Kevin McKeever said...

I've been hear them on Little Steven's Underground Garage a lot. Good choice.

Verdant Earl said...

Candy - yeah, a bit of the Go-Gos.

Zibbs - nice.

Uncool - that's a great program, isn't it?

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear people talking about Little Steven's Underground Garage. I live in Italy, so listening to him on the internet makes me feel connected to the "real world." Plus, I've picked up some great music there that I would have otherwise missed completely.

Verdant Earl said...

MikeB - I've only been listening recently, but I love it. Very diverse.

kiki said...

you like it because they're hot norwegians...
which is a perfect reason

OG said...

You know I just started doing this on Monday - I swear I didn't take your idea, I have been way behind on blog reading and didn't know you already do it.

Enjoy my Music Mondays

Verdant Earl said...

Kiki - am I that transparent? ;)

O.G. - It's all good. Besides, I stole it from someone else intentionally. :)