Mar 20, 2009

"Caw! Caw! Bang! Fuck, I'm dead!"

I haven't done this in a while, and this week has been bogged down with NCAA Tournament talk. So I thought I would resurrect a Movie Quote Trivia meme. Not tagging anyone to continue it though. Just a bunch of movie quotes that I love for y'all to guess. I'll fill in the correct guesses along with who made those guesses as the weekend progresses.

What do you win? My everlasting respect. And really, what could be better than that?

"Okay Boppers, let's get down to it."

***UPDATE***
ALL DONE - Good job everyone!
  1. "This isn't Colombian. I don't even think it's pot." - After Hours (Paticus)
  2. "Well, that's life in the fast-paced slam-bang, live-on-the-razor's-edge, laugh-in-the-face-of-death world of junior league soccer." - Meatballs (Paticus)
  3. "I knew a girl at school called Pandora. Never got to see her box, though." - Notting Hill (Michelle)
  4. "I gotta change my shirt, it's sticking to me. I'm sweating like a cunt." - Sexy Beast (Artful Kisser)
  5. "Yeah, I'm just going home, grab a shower and shave, give the wife a little pickle-tickle, and I'm on my way." - A League of Their Own (Downtown Guy)
  6. "My motherfucker is so cool, when he goes to bed, sheep count him," - Heist (Kiki)
  7. "Where the hell you goin'? Damn it. Don't you NEVER turn your back on a fuckin' clown when he's talkin' to you!" - The Devil's Rejects (Avitable)
  8. "Women are a labyrinth, my friend. Can I be frank? I don't think you listen to her. I think you tell her what she wants to hear. She wants you to thirst for knowledge about who she is, all the complicated splendor that is women. When your love is truly giving, it will come back to you ten fold." - The Cable Guy (Avitable)
  9. "My father was the shaman of his tribe and my mother was the high priestess." - The Birdcage (Faiqa)
  10. "At this moment, I didn't feel shame or fear, but just kind of blah, like when you're sitting there and all the water's run out of the bathtub. " Badlands (Kiki)
  11. "My mother was a pure woman from a noble family. And I, at least, know who my father is, you pig-eating son of a whore!" - The 13th Warrior (Faiqa)
  12. "Was that the first time someone sang the National Anthem into your ass?" (I wonder if anyone will guess this one - Earl) - Shortbus (Kaylen!!!)
  13. "No patty-fingers, if you please. The proprieties at all times. Hold on to your hats." - The Quiet Man (RW)
  14. "You can't break the ball. Can't break the floor. Can't break anything in a bowling alley. And that's what I like about bowling alleys. Can't even break the record." - Ordinary People (RW)
  15. "Is that Peter fucking Frampton?" High Fidelity (Kaylen)
  16. "Oh, you English are *so* superior, aren't you? Well, would you like to know what you'd be without us, the good ol' U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's what!" - A Fish Called Wanda (Holly)
  17. "You are an embarrassment to the game of pool and should be glad I even let you play at my table." - Dazed and Confused (RW)
  18. "Fuck you, fuckin' queers. Firemen gettin' pussy for the first time in the history of fire or pussy. Hey go save a kitten in a tree, you fucking homos!" - The Departed (Limpy)
  19. "And in the next life, father, I'M gonna have the paddle!!!" - The Basketball Diaries (2abes)
  20. "I told you to put one in his brain, not in his stinkin' face!" - Miller's Crossing (RW)

Bonus: Easy one, but name the other two films referenced in this post. Go ahead...name them!
Post title film - The Crow (Avitable)
Other film - The Warriors (Paticus)

________________________________________________________

Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. All the cinemaniacs are doing it.

40 comments:

Avitable said...

7. Devil's Rejects
8. Cable Guy

One of the other two films is The Crow (we used to quote that line to each other all the time).

That's all I know at this point.

Verdant Earl said...

Adam - well done, young squire.

Mrs. Hall said...

16. A Fish Called Wanda

and hey, can you answer my "jigger" question on my blog?

:)

Take care

Mrs. Hall said...

well, the second six i mean, the one about the english being so superior, and remember


don't ever call me stupid!!

:)

Verdant Earl said...

Holly - I answered it the best I could. Go check it out. And well done.

RW said...

13. The Quiet Man
20. Miller's Crossing

Verdant Earl said...

RW - yes, and yes.

Faiqa said...

2. Kicking and Screaming (?)
9. Birdcage
11. The 13th Warrior

Verdant Earl said...

Faiqa - No, yes and yes

platts42 said...

I had no idea there were so many awesome quotes from movies I've never seen.

Ok boppers-Pulp Fiction.

Michelle said...

#3 - Notting Hill

WOOHOO!!!

I knew one!!!!

Paticus said...

1. After Hours
2. Meatballs

Paticus said...

And the "Okay Boppers" line is from The Warriors. as is the picture, i believe.

RW said...

17. Dazed and Confused (?)

hello haha narf said...

man, i suck at this game!

hello haha narf said...

p.s. last night i drank a beer in church and wondered which one would be your favorite. for you i drank a pint of the porter. damn fine beer! but i totally did it for you. not coz i liked it or anything.

Verdant Earl said...

Cappy - nope on Pulp Fiction. Good guess though.

Michelle - very good!

Paticus - Yes, yes....and yes! The Warriors is correct.

RW - Very good. Thought that was gonna be a tough one.

Becky - Ya gotta be in it to win it. :)

Mrs. Hall said...

THANKS EARL!!

(for answering my question about the "jigger")

i really enjoyed a fish called wanda. I have watched it so many times, it's been a while though. Did you see Fierce Creatures (the sequel? (I never have)-if so, do you recommend it?

either way, maybe you can do a post about rum, and maybe give some recipes. very tasty the rum!!

thanks again!!

Verdant Earl said...

Becky - if you are gonna drink a beer in church, then the porter is a damned fine choice. Do tell what the occasion was. Only time I ever drank beer in church was before my brother's wedding. His bride was running late and we had a cooler in the limo, so we snuck a few in with us and had a couple while we waited in the room behind the altar. Nice!

Verdant Earl said...

Holly - I've seen Fierce Creatures and it in no way lives up to Wanda. How could it? Rum you say, eh? I dunno. It's my second least favorite spirit after vodka. I'll see what I can do.

hello haha narf said...

church brew works is a microbrewery here in the burgh. nobody (blogger from iowa) was in town for work so i drug him there. while i posted a few photos from yesterday's adventure, i didn't post any photos of the church (although i did link to it in case folks wanted to see how pretty it is). st. john the baptist church was slated to be torn down. instead, a brilliant guy bought it, remodeled it and whaaaa la, terrific restaurant / microbrewery. beer is good enough that they are now bottling it and selling it in local beer distributors.

when you and gia finally make it to pittsburgh, i promise to take you church for a beer!

RW said...

I'm probably better at the more obscure stuff.

What's this quote from...

"What about the farewell drugs?"

That Hank said...

5. A League of Their Own, the great Jon Lovitz.

Slyde said...

"I gotta change my shirt, it's sticking to me. I'm sweating like a cunt." - Superbad

"Was that the first time someone sang the National Anthem into your ass?" (I wonder if anyone will guess this one - Earl) - Earl at a typical happy hour

Verdant Earl said...

Becky - it's a deal! :)

RW - That would be Sid and Nancy, I believe. I had Sinatra's "The Man With the Golden Arm" on my mind too, but I think it is Sid and Nancy. I seem to remember it as "What about the farewell drugs, Sydney?" Right?

Downtown Guy - Don't you just love the Lovitz? :)

Slyde - No, but good guess. And very good guess on the second one, but no.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Oh shit, schooled on the trivia!
I love this game Earlsie!!!

Nothing jumps out at me for sure-so I'm guessing here!

14- Kingpin

18-I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry

6.-Sounds like Pulp Fiction
I dont know about that but I wanna know who the cool mf-er is.

Anonymous said...

2nd 9

how about basketball diaries

2nd 4

how about kingpin

Verdant Earl said...

Candy - sorry...nada!

2abes - yes and no.

I realize now that in some browsers the numbers aren't showing up correctly. 1-9,0, then 1-9 and 0 again. Something must be cutting off because I see 1-20.

RW said...

Yes, that wonderful musical comedy, Sid and Nancy!

Barlinnie said...

Ach! Notting Hill... constantly on somewhere in the Bastard household.

Another good post sir.

Heff said...

Glad you put the answers up. I was screwed.

Elise said...

You already have the answers!

Okay, here's one for you... It's been used in more than one film:

"Dude, where's my car?"

Verdant Earl said...

RW - Shakespeare might disagree on whether it was a comedy or a tragedy, but yeah... ;)

Jimmy - I'm actually a bit of a sucker for that flick. Guilty.

Heff - there are still some that haven't been guessed.

Elise - 7 haven't been guessed yet. Keep trying! So besides the obvious, how about The Big Lebowski? But I believe Walter said "Dude, where is your car?"

Lifeofkaylen said...

omg - no one has answered 5??
HIGH FIDELITY!!!!
I don't know why I love John Cusak so much, I just do. He doesn't know it yet. I'm afraid he just won't be able to handle the emotion of loving me.

And #2 is Shortbus!!! I would never have gotten that on my own though-everyone has a friend who is just a little juvenile and remembers key movie phrases that involve asses.

Anonymous said...

4 is Ben Kingsley in Sexy Beast. I dunno how many times he said "cunt" in that flick but it was a fair few.

Verdant Earl said...

Kaylen - yes and YES! I didn't think anyone was gonna get Shortbus! Well done!

AK - I loved Sexy Beast! Well done!

RW said...

At first I thought 14 was the Big Lebowski, but then it hit me...

It's from "Ordinary People" right? I'm sure nobody here but me has seen it.

kiki said...

heist

badlands

i've seen ordinary people too RW

i would have got shortbus. great movie

don't know the last one though

limpy99 said...

#8 is from The Departed. I know this because I saw it last night.

Verdant Earl said...

RW - Ordinary people it is!

Kiki - yes and yes!

Limpy - Well done! One of my new favorite films.