Mar 5, 2010

Creep

I was watching footage of a concert Nirvana gave in 1992 last night on Youtube's new Vevo channel. I guess that's what it is...a channel. I dunno. All I know is sometimes you go to a video on Youtube and it goes to the Vevo screen. The video is a little bigger and the setup of the page is a bit different, but it's still Youtube. Check out Nirvana performing Love Buzz here.  What's with that dude dancing around on stage?

Anyway, one of my favorite songs from the "Bleach" album is Negative Creep. I'm only going to link to it here because, oddly, I can't find the embed code on this page. Weird. But it got me to thinking about all the songs named CreepRadiohead has a song by that titles.  So does Stone Temple Pilots and Mobb Deep (featuring 50 Cent).  And, of course, so does TLC.  That's T-Boz, Left Eye and Chilli, y'all. 

My favorite is Radiohead's version.  And I found this really odd video of it last night on Youtube that features Johnny Depp.  I don't know if it was specifically made for this song or if it is a clip from some movie I never saw, but it fits the music pretty well.  Enjoy!


Oh yeah, I think I'm gonna do the live-blog this weekend. I'll post it on Sunday morning...if I have access to ABC, that is.

___________________________________________________

Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. You're so fucking special!

13 comments:

Barlinnie said...

Johnny Depp, now there's a man who loves the ladies and his drink.

RW said...

Creep always makes me cry. Because when the Radiohead one first came out (unedited) my teenage daughters thought enough about me that they bought it for me.

sniff...... >sob<.... They wuved me...

Kate said...

Love the song, and I'll watch anything with Depp in it. Yum.

Paticus said...

Do I have to hang my head in shame to admit that I also dig TLC's "Creep"?

Verdant Earl said...

Jimmy - he's a lucky man.

RW - Aww, that's so fucking special!

Kate - me too. Wait, what?

Paticus - Not at all. I was this close to featuring that video instead.

Avitable said...

I love this song, although I enjoy the plugged version even more than the acoustic one, especially because this is the edited version.

That clip has to be from a movie - it does match the song as far as time goes, but the story in the video isn't really the same, and they slowed down that final scene artificially to make it stretch to the end of the song, too.

Slyde said...

i miss nirvanna :(

one of the few bands we agree on...

Paticus said...

The Depp video is apparently from a movie called "And they Lived Happily Ever After"(french title: "ils se marièrent et eurent beaucoup d'enfants".)

Verdant Earl said...

Avitable - yeah, I figured. I just have no clue what movie it is from...wait, I just saw Paticus' comment below. Ah...a French film.

Slyde - you should've been with us the night we saw them (and the Breeders) at the old NY Coliseum. A mutual friend almost crippled a guy who was being an asshole mosh-pit dude. Good times...

Paticus - Thank you very much!

sybil law said...

I was just listening to Nirvana the other day - it's been a while - and it was so good. My daughter loves them.
Radiohead is good with me anytime, although I have to admit I like the plugged version more, too.

Mrs. Hall said...

oh my good ness . . . i have and will always have the biggest crush on Johnny Depp. Because he's kind and stately and smiles easily. Plus he's masculine in that understated way.

Which makes it all the more powerful. Needless to say he's a lot like Mr. Hall. ;)

offt. This video was affecting Earl, made me blush almost the entire time.

OOFFFTT!!

Verdant Earl said...

Sybil - you should check out the clips from that concert in '92. High-quality stuff.

Holly - I guess one could consider him to be good-looking. ;)

marty mankins said...

For me, the Stone Temple Pilots version of "Creep" is my favorite, over the Radiohead version, even though I'm a big Radiohead fan.

"Negative Creep" by Nirvana is a great song.