Sep 15, 2010

Lucky Number

I deal in coincidence all the time. Sometimes I even dabble in deja vu or "holy crap, did that just happen?" stuff.

Yesterday was one of those latter instances...to the nth degree. I usually work with Pandora radio going in the background, as I've mentioned before. And yesterday was no exception. I also take a bunch of mini-breaks during the day to catch up on the stuff in my feed reader. Yesterday was no exception there either.

I was doing that, reading White Rabbit's latest blog post about Bob Marley, This is England and ska. He even embedded a ska classic, 54-46 (That's My Number) by Toots & the Maytals. This one here:



Not a song that comes along in my life very often. If I wound up hearing it later this week or found myself reading an article about Toots Hibbert next month sometime, I would think to myself "Wow...that's weird. White Rabbit recently posted something about that song." I would find it odd because neither the song nor the artist come up that often in my life.

But as I was reading this particular blogpost, something was striking me as familiar. So I looked up at the TV (that's how I listen to Pandora) and I saw and heard "5446 That's My Number/Ball and Chain" by Sublime. A remake of the same song that White Rabbit posted on his blog.

Randomly playing on Pandora.

AT THE SAME EXACT TIME AS I WAS READING THE BLOG POST!!!

That, my friends, is some freaky cosmic shit.

I don't play the lottery all that often, besides the occasional Quick Pick when the jackpot reaches 9 digits. And I never play "the numbers". Pick 4 or whatever it is that it's called.

But I'm playing 5446 tomorrow. Oh yeah.




___________________________________________________
Note: Remember to play the Badgerdaddy Trivia Challenge every day. Right now, somebody else has that number.

11 comments:

RW said...

Holy carp! I mean catfish! And I was just playing Lena Lovitch, whose lucky number was 1.

Slyde said...

You're very bored, arent you?

Heff said...

Good luck with the numbers. That IS some freaky shit, but I think it'll probably STOP right there, lol !

sybil law said...

Why not play it today? Why tomorrow?

I haven't listened to Pandora in ages. I should. But if number songs come up, I'm coming back here, all creeped out...

white rabbit said...

Synchronicity, Jung called it.

Nodnod.

Verdant Earl said...

RW - Ahhh...Lena.

Slyde - Just when I read your comments.

Heff - Prolly. Especially since it was yesterday, and that's the day I should have played the numbers.

Sybil - I meant today. I generally write my posts the night before they drop.

Wabbit - Classing up the joint with a Jung reference, eh? ;)

Mrs. Hall said...

can you please tell pandora i no like RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!!

doesn't matter how many thumbs down it gets, it keeps coming back up.

:(

good luck with your cosmic thing you got going on ;)

Verdant Earl said...

Holly - Consider it done! And nevermind...I forgot to play the numbers today. Ah well.

Bruce Johnson said...

I think this just goes to show that the great spirit in the sky is fucking with your mind......and chuckling as he does so.

sybil law said...

Okay - now *I* am playing this number. My junior high boyfriend just shared Toots and the Maytals - yep - same song - on FB. (This whole sentence may sound like I'm being facetious, but it really happened!)
Carraaazy!

Verdant Earl said...

Bruce - What spirit? What sky?

Sybil - ::shivers::