Sep 17, 2010

Rain series

Had a brilliant rainstorm blow through here yesterday afternoon. Brilliant because it blew in right as I was ready to sit down and enjoy a beer. So I grabbed one and headed out to our covered deck to watch Mama Nature for a little while. And, of course, I forgot to grab the camera or the Flip video camera. So instead, you get a bunch of out-of-focus pictures from my cell phone. Enjoy!

Rain is just about to start. Dark in the background, light coming from behind.


Rain coming down pretty hard now.


Hard to tell, but absolutely pouring now! The other side of the harbor is just a gray mass.


All clear. But the dark clouds that were in front of me in that first pic are now behind me, casting everything into shadow. Nice!


Gee...wasn't that fun?

___________________________________________________
Note: Remember to play the Badgerdaddy Trivia Challenge every day. Remember, those aren't our boats. They belong to the neighbors.

13 comments:

Slyde said...

wow, you were ALL THE WAY on your deck, and you forgot your camera?

Heaven forbid you got up, walked 20 feet to get it!

Verdant Earl said...

Slyde - Dick...it was raining by the time I remembered and we keep the sliding doors onto the deck blocked off for the cats. So I would have had to duck into the rain and around the side of the house to go get it. Besides...I was comfy.

savannah said...

dude, i was inside and couldn't be bothered to walk 30 feet to get the camera to take pictures of my damn backyard flooding and then being dry in 20 minutes! i've decided just seeing the storms is much more exciting than trying to capture them on film. (how's that for an excuse?) xoxoxoxo

i am the diva said...

Nice shots! i love rainstorms

Heff said...

Considering BEER was involved, I'll bet it WAS fun !

Verdant Earl said...

Savannah - sounds good to me. :)

Diva - Me too. I love a good t-storm at dusk or night-time. I turn off all the lights in the house and I just watch.

Heff - Really good beer too. In fact, I may have to review it for y'all...

sybil law said...

I love big storms, so, yes - I love the pictures!

white rabbit said...

Here comes winter...

Kevin Spencer said...

Ohhhh, spooky. Ahem. I love rainstorms purely because we don't get them very often here in the desert. When we do everyone goes nuts and runs to the window. Which is amusing for me, being from England and all.

Verdant Earl said...

Sybil - Apparently it was a lot worse a bit west of me. A tornado touched down in Queens and near Manhattan. I drove by some of the destruction today...wow!

Wabbit - Noooo!

Kevin - Yeah, it should be in your blood!

Kevin McKeever said...

What? No tornado activity on the Isle? Guess that's one thing Brooklyn has on you.

Verdant Earl said...

Uncool - They've also got better pizza and more hipsters. I'm okay with half of that.

hello haha narf said...

love, love, love those photos. although you should be careful about posting such shots that make me want to show up on your doorstep for a long weekend of beer and bullshitting.