Aug 8, 2006

Brad Neely Rules!

Yeah, I think I'm gonna stop with that whole "Earl on..." bullshit at the beginning of every post. It's only been a couple of days, but it was even starting to bug me.

OK, so I dig that George Washington video/song so much you would have thought that I might have looked up it's creator, Brad Neely, at some point over the past few months. Just to see if he has done anything else. Right?

Well, I just got around to it and lookee what I found. Neely has been in the limelight before. You can read the article, but lemme sum up. A few years back, Neely recorded an alternate soundtrack for the film Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone that is available on CD (or downloaded from the web). It can be played while watching the movie with the sound muted and by all accounts it's hysterical.

Apparently, Neely was hanging out at a bar with some friends making fun of this lone dude playing pool while listening to something on his headphones. They imagined he was listening to a Harry Potter book on tape and they were substituting funny/dirty alternative dialogue amongst themselves. His friends convinced him to "do" to whole book his way, and voila! "Wizard People, Dear Readers" was born.

I haven't heard this yet, but damn if it doesn't sound like something fun for Slyde and I to do one night. I'm sure it will never happen. I mean, I've been yearning to watch The Wizard of Oz with the sound off and Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" album on for what seems like decades now. Heard that was a hoot too.

One of these days...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i actually did id thw OZ/Floyd thing back in college..

it IS eerily in sync...

p.s. until you mentioned it, i didnt even realize you were heading each article with "earl on".

Kat said...

I never noticed it either...

so the wiz thing works eh slyde? I always thought it was some kind of urban myth. I will get around to trying it one day but i always assumed part of the fun was to do it while on lsd...something I gave up years ago.

now this Harry Potter thing. That sounds interesting too. Where do we get the music?

elizabeth said...

Nope. Me three. I didn't notice the Earl on thing.

This Harry Potter thing sounds fun. Didn't you ever play music and click around the tv to see if it matched up? I used to do that. Lots of fun. Not so much time now as I had back then... (last week)

Verdant Earl said...

Well, since you three are the only ones currently visiting this site I guess it was only me that was annoyed by the "Earl on" stuff.

This post would have been "Earl on Brad Neely" which sounds a little icky!

Slyde...your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find Harry Potter complete with "Wizard People" alternative audio track and burn it onto DVD for us.

This comment will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

elizabeth said...

Lucky for me I got here in time, lol.

Yes - Slyde I second that comment.

(wv... eydidvhn... like I did even with a jewish accent)

Anonymous said...

ah, the live of a movie pirate...

ok, i'm on it...

badgerdaddy said...

One night while drunk off my box and stoned to match, I discovered that 1984 works as well, when watched with Pearl Jam's Ten.

Thing is, I don't know if it needs to be played from the start or what. I was really elsewhere.

Wow, the full version of Layla - second time I've heard that in two days on this station. I always miss English radio when I'm away. Had a wonderful idea once about how cool it would be if I took a British radio to Russia, I could still play English radio stations on it, but then I realised if that were the case, all radios would play Chinese or Taiwanese stations.

I'm really rambling. Back to work.

Kat said...

Hey it's badger!!!
Hello.

Verdant Earl said...

Hey man! Still blog-less for the time being?

elizabeth said...

He's not answering us - must still be trying to figure out his radio. Hey Daddio - we demand a blog.