Aug 9, 2006

Dyslexics of the world, untie!

I seem to get this email in cycles every few months, but I thought I would pass it on. It's amazing what the human brain can do, even with very little effort.

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can. i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it .

15 comments:

Kat said...

ooo, I've seen it. So what's wrong with the other 45%?

Verdant Earl said...

Dunno...that whole thing is like one long Blogger word verification!

Kat said...

LOL

elizabeth said...

I still can't understand why half the people can't read this!? (well actually, can't beleive that I CAN read it now that I think about it. Weird.)

Anonymous said...

i think that "half the people cant read this" thing is bull.. ive gotten that email a bunch of times too, but im pretty sure everyone can read it just fine...

Kat said...

earl- I've changed my url.
http://sniper-kitty.blogspot.com/

Verdant Earl said...

Gotcha...probably a good idea to take your last name (if that's what it was) out of your url.

Kat said...

uh...ya...that's what I thought ;o)...don't go handing it out to any of your fetish pals ok...although I'm sure slyde already knows my SIN through that site tracking counter do-hicky he's got.

elizabeth said...

As long as mullet boy doesn't track you down.... shiver shiver.

elizabeth said...

PS - are we supposed to untie or unite?

Verdant Earl said...

Why? Did I type it wrong? Hehehe

elizabeth said...

Well, I wasn't sure if it was part of the dyslexic thing or not.

Jsut tuhoght I wuold piont it out. Atclualy, I jsut wtnaetd to try it mslyef. (Taht was hrdaedr tahn it leooked you konw)

elizabeth said...

woops, made a mistake. That should say leookd.

Verdant Earl said...

Yeah, it's actually an old joke and a play on the phrase "{{Whatever}} of the world, unite". With Dyslexics it becomes "untie". Get it?

Saw it on a t-shirt or a bumper sticker years ago.

i am the diva said...

i am still amazed that i can read this.