Aug 2, 2011

Crappy Monday

Not a lot of sleep on a Sunday night leads to an overall crappy Monday.

The cats made it even worse.

First, Wolowitz and Bennington tagged-teamed me all through the night with furious need of attention.  I don't really understand it.  I know that cats are nocturnal by nature, but they usually let us sleep through the night.  But Wolowitz has lately started a routine where he comes in to the bedroom and yells at me. Never at Gia...just at me. Then I have to make room for him on the bed and pet him until he falls asleep.  Which has the opposite affect on me.  But I have to do it or else he just keeps yelling at me.

When Bennington realizes that I'm awake, he comes in and decides it's time for some petting as well.  And he's got this kneading thing that he does...and he does it forever!  Like an hour or so.  Crazy!  I think I got about 2 hours of sleep in total. 

If that wasn't bad enough, I'm home alone during the day working and Bootsy comes walking by me from the laundry room where we keep the litter boxes. And he is wafting a certain...odor.  One that is thoroughly unpleasant to my nostrils.  He either took a nasty crap and just dragged the smell with him, or...

Yup...his ass is covered in shit.

He's been fighting a little cold these past few days, and sometimes it affects his digestive system in horrible ways.  That's what happened today.

That's how I found myself typing the words "best way to clean a cat's ass" into Google today.

How was your Monday?

8 comments:

sybil law said...

Gah! I keep a water spray bottle near the bed. When the cats start to annoy me, they get the spray. They're learning, fortunately!
Seriously. I'm a bad enough sleeper in the best of situations. If the cats wake me up, I never get back to sleep! Fuck that.

Bruce Johnson said...

Thankfully, a tad bit better than yours, .... but not by much.

hello haha narf said...

yet another reason why i am a dog person!

Verdant Earl said...

Sybil - we've contemplated the spray bottle, but we also want them to be affectionate and not skittish. Some cats don't react well to being sprayed with water.

Bruce - Sorry to hear that.

Becky - Oh, come on! Like you haven't had to clean a dog's butt before? I've had dogs, and every once in a while they get sick and crusty too.

hello haha narf said...

fuck no, i don't clean a dog's ass

Slyde said...

the answer to your google search, by the way is...

"with your tongue....:

marty mankins said...

Ass cat shit Monday. I've had a Saturday like that years ago with one of our older cats. Never a fun time.

sybil law said...

That's really the only time I use it, though, and our cats aren't skittish. All I know is, it works!