Aug 22, 2011

It's gold, Jerry!

Participated in an interesting episode of Just Talking to the Cornfield last night.  Normally, we have a set agenda that we try to follow.  Something like this:

  • 9:00-9:10 Greetings and Salutations (whatever happened to Christian Slater?)
  • 9:10-9:30 TWIB Notes (TWIB stands for "This Week in Baseball". Screw the trademark!)
  • 9:30-9:35 Trivia time!
  • 9:35-10:?? The week's topics.  Normally it would include a statistic or trend that one of us would want to discuss.  Maybe a segment on our "Cornfield All-Stars".  Maybe a segment of "Tales from the Cornfield" or "Tales from the Shitter"...stuff like that.
I've been in Charleston, SC for a few days, and I wasn't really eager to put any energy into doing the prep work for the show this week.  So on Saturday, when the Colonel emailed me an agenda, I greeted it with less than my usual amount of enthusiasm.

So I replied with an idea.  How about a show about nothing?  No agenda, no segments, no limits, no boundaries.  We could and would talk about anything and everything.  My co-host agreed with me 100%.  It was on.  A Seinfeld-esquian journey into nothing at all.

Seriously...it's worth listening just for the intro alone when we channel Jerry and George.

It was a hoot!

Check it out either on Talkshoe or iTunes.

1 comment:

sybil law said...

It was awesome!! :D