Aug 24, 2011

Little dog

Was down South visiting Gia's family this past weekend.  A hella time was had by all.

Except...

Well, we were left with watching her parent's little Yorkie for a few days.  He's a sweet little guy, but he quickly reminds you (or me, specifically) of why large dogs are better than wee ones. Here's a brief synopsis, bullet-style:
  • He can jump up on a bed or couch, but he won't jump down.  He'll just sit there and whine loudly until you pick him up.
  • He will eagerly climb down stairs, but he won't climb up them. He'll just sit there and whine loudly until you pick him up.
  • His oddest behavior? He refuses to walk on non-carpeted floors.  Hard-wood floors, tiled floors, etc... He just won't cross those thresholds.  He'll just sit there and whine loudly until you pick him up.
  • He never likes to be alone.  He needs to be with you in whatever room you are in.  And if there happens to be some un-carpeted territory between you and him?  You got it. He'll just sit there and whine loudly until you pick him up.
Did I mention he whines? Loudly?

Ugh...how I hate a whiny dog.

11 comments:

hello haha narf said...

i like the big dog, too!
#soundsalittledirty

Avitable said...

I'm not a fan of little dogs like that, either, except that they're generally easier to maintain than larger animals.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

No dogs - big or little - for me. They're too much work. I prefer the no frills cat. They don't have to be walked, they don't have to be washed, etc. Our cat, Bella, doesn't even use a litter box - she does her business on the same toilets we use. BUT, she IS my li'l shadow and will follow me all day long. She also meows when she has to potty, so I can witness it and then give her treats.

Verdant Earl said...

Becky - it does sound durdy! I love it.

Adam - Well this little fucker isn't the definition of "low maintenance", but I hear ya...

ETW - The only maintenance our cats need is to have their litter boxes scooped. Cats who do their business on the terlet kinda freak me out. No offense.

Slyde said...

you should get them a mastiff...

sybil law said...

Ugh - little dogs. ICK. So annoying. When I worked for a vet back in the day, I hated holding them while he examined them, and I sucked at it. Big dogs? - no problem. With the little dogs, I felt like I would break their little chicken bones if I held too hard. Plus, all the yipping and picking up - heelllll nooo.

Verdant Earl said...

Slyde - And maybe the big dog could snack on the wee one. Great idea!

Sybil - Hell no is right!

marty mankins said...

Whiny dogs are not all that fun to be around, are they?

South as in South Carolina? I want to go back.

Verdant Earl said...

Marty - Yeah, SC. It was a blast!

Water Logged Dextah said...

You ever give that dog a bath?

Bruce Johnson said...

While they have a few drawbacks, the best dog we ever got is a Great Dane. While they can be a terror as puppies, they are the most mellow laid back and loyal dogs I have ever seen. .... and nobody messes with a Great Dane.