Aug 9, 2011

The wrong type

In my opinion, there are three kinds of people in the world.

1. Those who return their shopping cart to the proper designated spot for shopping carts after they unload their groceries into the car.

2. Those who make some kind of minimal effort to at least make sure that said shopping cart isn't blocking a parking spot or parked precariously near a vehicle.  Where it could slam into that vehicle with just the slightest breeze.

3. Those who just leave their shopping cart wherever the fuck they want to leave that shopping cart.  Because they are done with it and fuck everyone else.

I'm really not a fan of one of those types of people.  I may or may not wish brain cancer upon them when I go to my dark place.

My dark place isn't very nice.

PS - I guess there are technically FOUR kind of people in the world.  Some people don't do the grocery shopping at all.  But I assume they go to Home Depot or Target or some kind of super store that requires a cart.  I haven't figured it all out yet.  I'll let you know when I do.

14 comments:

sybil law said...

See, those are roughly my types, except with turn signals. Some who do, some so fucking seriously lazy that they can't possibly be bothered with a flick of their finger, and some who put their signal on but after they're already in the other lane.

Verdant Earl said...

Sybil - Exactly. Except I don't think that those who don't signal are being lazy. I firmly believe that they think this is their world, and the rest of us are just living in it. Why should they bother with letting US know which way they intend to turn? Bunch of assholes...

Slyde said...

then there are the 5th kind of people who just blog about it...

Heff said...

I'm type #1. No worries !

Suzi Q said...

I always return my cart!

Unknown said...

I'm may be an ass hole, but even I put the cart in the cart return place. ok --- or damn near

Those that just leave it wherever can rot in earl hell.

Verdant Earl said...

Slyde - Your logic = fail. I am type #1 AND I blog about it. You are obviously type #3 or maybe #4.

Heff - Good boy!

Suzi - Good girl!

Annabelle - Earl Hell is an awful place.

Mrs. Hall said...

after i strap the kids in, i put the cart in the corral. it's actually kind of enjoyable. knowing i am done with shopping and the kids are safe.

because shopping with kids is REALLY STRESSFUL and then we're done. and they're strapped into the car.

and i get a 2 minute break returning the cart.

WEEEE!!

Slyde said...

Earl Heaven isnt much of a prize, either...

Verdant Earl said...

Holly - you leave your kids alone in the car! For 2 whole minutes!!! ;)

Slyde - That's not what you said last night in bed, snookums.

Mrs. Hall said...

WEEEEE!!!!

Poppy said...

There are so many things to hate about shopping... I used to love doing large shoppings where a car had to be involved but I've learned that I'd rather pay more or go every few days than deal with the Big Shopping hassle.

Bruce Johnson said...

Allow me to explain the 4th type. We have them here in the Southwest. They are the people that push their shopping carts all the way home from the store (sometimes a mile or more) filled with groceries because they don't have a car....and then just leave the cart in the street.

You can usually spot the more 'depressed' immigrant communities around here by the number of shopping carts lining the streets and front yards.

In an effort to stop this cancerous problems, supermarkets have come up with the 'boot'...which is a wheel locking device that prevents the cart from being pushed more than a specific distance from the store (usually the parking lot perimeter).

So now there are these clusters of disabled shopping carts gathered around the outskirts of grocery store parking lots, where technology stopped the perps from stealing and abandoning another shopping cart.

If you hate #3, you can't even imagine how much I hate #4.

marty mankins said...

I'm a type 1 mostly because I hate how many carts block perfectly good parking spots. That and I want good shopping cart karma