Aug 17, 2011

I like to racism, bro!

Courtesy of Kenny Fucking Powers, with a hat tip to my bro who smells like a wet dog for telling me out it in the first place.

  

So I've been thinking that we, meaning me, should probably stop drinking during our weekly broadcast of Just Talking to the Cornfield. Because, apparently, when I get drunk I like to use racist stereotypes for comedy. Like my man Kenny Fucking Powers up there. My co-hort isn't blameless either. He likes to poke fun at the Jews. Mostly because he is a Jew, and that's what he does.

Here's some of the full-on racist comedy from last week that you missed if you haven't listened in already:
  • The Colonel told a tale about a recent trip he made down to Kentucky and an unexpected hotel room visit by an young African-American woman who may or may have been a hooker.  Because everything we know about black people we learned on Living Color, we lovingly called her ShaNayNay.  Or ShaNiqua.  Yeah...
  • I did a brief impersonation of this young lady where I referred to the Colonel's gleaming white mini-van of manliness* as "fly".  Ahem.
  • At one point, we simulated a conversation between Albert Belle (black man) and Kenny Lofton (another black man) of the Cleveland Indians (circa mid-90's) that could have been a transcription from an episode of Oz.  The word "bitch" was used several times.
  • I'm pretty sure I mimicked a Hispanic (an Hispanic??) accent at one point toward the end of the show as well.  I'm not positive.  I was pretty drunk by then.  See what I mean?
I'd say it wasn't our proudest moment on air so far. But that's what makes it so damn funny!  Well, at least the two of us were laughing at each other.  There's that.  We did manage to talk about baseball for a bit in there as well, if the racism isn't enough for you.

Check us out on Talkshoe or iTunes.  We like to racism, bro!

*I think I stole that line from Kevin.  Not sure.  Either way, I'll give him the credit.

7 comments:

sybil law said...

Eastbound is hysterical!
I thought you guys were pretty funny, too. :)

Slyde said...

NOW one of your weekly 5 posts is to try to talk up something you just did a few days ago, and you're giving me shit on MY blog....?

Verdant Earl said...

Sybil - I've only seen Season 1 so far. Need to find Season 2.

Slyde - When are you just gonna come out and admit you love me in a sexual way? This teasing is so obvious. C'mon buddy...you know you want me.

Dr Zibbs said...

God I love that show!

Verdant Earl said...

Zibbs - You love Just Talking to the Cornfield? Thanks, man!

badgerdaddy said...

Only just worked out where I know that dude from. he's in Million Dollar Baby, and he's excellent in that too.

Verdant Earl said...

badger - Michael Pena is an all-around excellent actor. His storyline in Crash was the only one I was remotely interested in.