Aug 1, 2011

I want to believe?

Hmm...not so sure.

There has been a rash of videos recently posted on Youtube and other sites claiming to be footage of UFOs or alien spacecrafts or whatever you want to call them.  Lately, the deal has been one video from a specific angle and then another from a totally different angle at the same place and time showing the same...ahem...event.  Then maybe even ANOTHER video from ANOTHER angle.

There are hoaxes, and then there are elaborate hoaxes.

I spend the requisite amount of time studying them and deciding that they are fake before I find out that they actually ARE fake, but I do it anyway.  For my own benefit.  Right now these fuckers are batting .000, but it ain't stopping them.

You know when I'll believe that the "event" is real?  When I see it with my own gorgeous blue eyes.  Or even as a live feed on CNN.

And then I will gladly shout in my best Will Smith impersonation "Welcome ta Earf!"

Right before they kill me and everyone I know.

How's your day going?





13 comments:

Paticus said...

Perhaps by so graciously welcoming them to Earf, they will spare you and use your vast knowledge to help run the planet? Very crafty plan, Earl...Very crafty indeed.

oh, and my day? So far, so good.

savannah said...

there's no coffee! bad start, sugar, bad start. xoxoxoxo

Commander Zaius said...

I know a few fairly reasonable people who believe some "UFO's" are visiting aliens. Simply put I have my doubts they are anything other than secret military aircraft or the alcohol induced delusions of some uneducated redneck since these spaceships seem to enjoy buzzing trailer parks.

Seriously for a long time I thought it would be awesome if First Contact occurred, just think of things we could learn. But I now ask myself this, if I was some interstellar dude cruising around the stars at warp speed would I even stop at Earth given for insane the naked primates act.

Hell, I might blast the place and let evolution restart.

hello haha narf said...

knowing the way the governments of earth's countries work, i feel sad for any alien beings who would land here. for that reason alone, i hope i never see a ufo.

Slyde said...

you just want to get anally probed...

Verdant Earl said...

Paticus - But my awful Will Smith impersonation will cause them to reconsider.

Savannah - I'm in the same boat. The only coffee I have is some crappy flavored stuff...ugh.

Beach Bum - I know some people who believe they've seen UFOs, and I can't judge them in any way because they saw them and I didn't. But I will say that I believe 100% of the video clips of UFOs that are all over the web are either hoaxes or something easily explainable.

Becky - They would take one look at our "leaders" and bug the hell out of here.

Verdant Earl said...

Slyde - Not without you in the room, snookums.

Dave2 said...

Well... I missed Talking to The Cornfield again because I had dinner plans, so things could be better...

sybil law said...

Yeah - it would be sweet to see a UFO, but I doubt they'd want anything to do with our government. However, we do have a kickass planet.

Anyway, my morning is going slow. I am so tired today!

Verdant Earl said...

Dave2 - We had our weekly shout-out to Saltalamacchia this episode. And it actually fit into the theme of the show.

Sybil - I'm not sure it will be sweet to see one (not knowing their intent), but it's probably the only way I would believe they exist.

Bruce Johnson said...

I am sure you must loose a lot of sleep at night, wondering about BigFoot, the Bermuda Triangle, and who really shot JFK.......right?

Unknown said...

i assume they exist. i also assume they are hostile. much like the government.

i also assume they think we are morons and about as useful as we think cows are.

Verdant Earl said...

Bruce - Not really. Bigfoot shot JFK with the revolver in the Bermuda Triangle. See?

Annabelle - Cows are totally useful. Leather, meat...um, leather.