Aug 4, 2011

Sonic Chicago-Style Dog

Here's what I want to know.

Looks, er, okay.  I guess.
Has anyone out there tried the Chicago-style hot dog from Sonic?  To be more specific, has anyone out there who knows and loves Chicago-style hot dogs tried the Chicago-style hot dog from Sonic?

And if you have, is it worth driving 10.64 miles to get them?  Before you answer, please note that there is literally NOWHERE around where I live to buy Chicago-style hot dogs.

Hmmm...maybe this should have gone on the food blog


7 comments:

Slyde said...

what the fuck ELSE do you have to do all day?

sybil law said...

Food blog FAIL.
Damn, Earl!
Wait - I didn't check. Did you put it there?
Also, no - I've never even been to Sonic.

Seals said...

Sadly, I got it in my head that I had to try all four (at the time) different varieties of Sonic hot dogs. (Humans shouldn't eat that much.)

Anyway, here's my opinion: The Chicago-style hot dog is just OK. It's a relatively decent representation of the classic Chicago-style hot dog, if you're into that sort of thing. It's not great but 10.64 miles really isn't that far.

BTW, the New York-style is my favorite of the Sonic dogs.

Verdant Earl said...

Slyde - Watch you through the window...

Sybil - Well, this wasn't quite a recipe or a review...just an inquiry.

Seals - That is a lot of food in one sitting! I won't try the New York-style dog because...well, I'm here. Just like I won't have Domino's or Pizza Hut. I'm giving Sonic a try tomorrow!

Kevin McKeever said...

Do you want me to mail you a real one from Chicago this weekend? I'm sure all the preservatives and dye in the relish helps them travel well.

Verdant Earl said...

And it was gooooood!

Or not bad, actually. Ya know?

Anonymous said...

It's not bad, but it's weakest link is the hotdog itself. You might hardly be able to tell with all the toppings, but the dog is smallish, and boiled or poached - no casing, and gets overwhelmed to the extent that you wonder if you are hitting meat at all on the first bite.