Jan 11, 2012

Hi. How are you?

I was reprimanded by a dude who smells like a wet dog yesterday for abandoning ye olde Verdant Dude since the holidays.  That wasn't my plan.  Nor was I planning on a specific timetable for rejoining South Blogistan.  I guess his little nudge worked because here I am.

Now what?

I hope everyone had a healthy and wonderful Holiday season.  Mine was a bit fragmented.  Gia went down to Charleston to see her family before Christmas, but I stayed local to see my family.  But I made it down to SC in time for New Year's Eve and Day, so we just celebrated double then.  All good.  We've both been back for about a week now, but we still haven't really settled into a routine.  Other than watching Sons of Anarchy marathons every night.

Much like me with this here blog.

I didn't make any New Year's resolutions.  They never work out too well for me.  But I have promised myself that I would do my best to move forward.  Move forward from what?  Well...everything.  Work, family, life.  A lot of times I get into these ruts where I just remain static.  Or worse, I start back-tracking.  So a generic "move forward" is something I am striving for in the new year.  Let's see how that goes.

I hope I can fill this space with interesting posts, or at least posts that don't make you want to vomit.  That's a thin line I'm constantly walking here.  I'll also try to post some more on our collaborative food blog.  I just posted a little something over there yesterday.  Then there is the radio show.  Now that the holidays are over, hopefully we can get back to a regular schedule in the Cornfield.  I'm wondering if Sunday nights aren't really the best time for this thing.  I'll keep you posted.

Other than that...I got nothing right now.  I hope you are all enjoying the New Year!

Oh, one more thing.  I got this package of old photos from when I was a kid over the holidays.  I may post a few of them here and there.  Below is one of them that I sent to a friend and she did some kind of clip-art thing with it.  It was from a cell phone picture that I took of the original, so it's not very clear.  Except, of course, for the rugged good looks.

Behold The Verdant Dude at age 6 or so in all his glory!!!

Charlie Bucket called...he wants his hair back.

11 comments:

RW said...

Downright cherubic I'd say.

Slyde said...

i agree...

'cherubic' means 'homely', right?

Verdant Earl said...

RW - named after an angel as well.

Slyde - homeric.

sybil law said...

Awww - check out little Dude!!

Verdant Earl said...

Sybil - Looks like something out of the Our Gang comedies, eh?

hello haha narf said...

would love to know what you were thinking the moment the photographer captured this image...

Verdant Earl said...

Becky - I was six. Probably something to do with food or cartoons. ;)

Water Logged Canine said...

That isn't you.

Unknown said...

Fuck yeah SoA!
sorry, they fire me up

You were a doll.

Poppy said...

That Charlie Bucket line cracked me up.

Badger said...

My NY resolution is to drink just enough to get me to 2013 and through the elections... but without actually killing me.....a fine line indeed