Sep 27, 2012

New York City

This new video for the late Joey Ramone's "New York City" is pretty damned amazing. Thousands of stop-motion shots merged together for a great little tribute to the man and the city that he loved so much. Featuring dozens of famous and not-so-famous New Yorkers in classic leather jackets all over different neighborhoods of the city. You should check it out. It's great. And check out JoeyRamone.com for the full story on the video.


But my favorite thing about the video? The guy up there in the screenshot and appearing at the 2:56 mark looks freakishly like a certain Verdant Dude that you all know. His name is Ed Stasium and he is a record producer who worked with The Ramones. We really don't look that much alike if you see other pictures of him. His hairline has receded much more than mine and he is about 20 years older than me, but in that video? Yup...dude looks like the Dude. And I'm okay with that.

Rock on, kids!

11 comments:

Kevin McKeever said...

Trying to determine if the guy on the left at 0:30 is Art Garfunkel or Steven Wright. Yeah, like there's a difference.

Slyde said...

no fucking way. no doubt in my mind that thats you

Heff said...

Video - GREAT. Song - Not So Much.

Verdant Earl said...

Uncool - That's actually rock photographer Godlis, but yeah...he looks like both of those dudes.

Slyde - It's uncanny.

Heff - Ya know, I've never been the biggest fan of The Ramones. Most of their songs sound the same to me and I just enjoyed the other punk stuff that was going on at the time a bit more. But I'm slowly beginning to appreciate them.

Unknown said...

Good vid, I loved the sledgehammer chickie.... been there masel.

Poppy said...

Hey! That end shot is my train station in the morning!

I was starting to get annoyed that NYC was only being represented by Manhattan, and then one shot of Queens showed up. And then BK Bridge....wonk. AND THEN 71ST AVENUE/FOREST HILL! REPRESENT!

Anyway, I know a guy who was in the band for a while, I'm totally going to share this video with him. :) I looked for him in the video, he's not in it.

Poppy said...

FOREST *HILLS, dur.

Verdant Earl said...

Chef - I hear ya!

Poppy - Had to end up in Forest Hills. That's where it all started for the band. Cool, right?

Unknown said...

I think you and that guy should do a doublemint gum commercial.... On WEEEEED

marty mankins said...

Nothing like having a doppelgänger out there that's famous. Great video.

Mrs. Hall said...

NICE!!!!!