- Barry Bonds was indicted by the Federal government on 4 counts of perjury and obstruction of justice. OK, I get it. They want to get this guy. I don't blame them, but does it really warrant a possible 30 year jail-term? I know lying under oath is a crime, but its not like he killed someone! And why haven't they gone after Rafael Palmiero, Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, etc... with the same zeal?
- Alex Rodriguez and the Yankees have come to agreement on the terms of a 10-year $275 million dollar contract. Not sure how to feel about this one. On the one hand, I like that A-Rod came back to the Yankees with his tail between his legs and without Scott Boras. On the other hand, THE YANKEES ARE PAYING HIM $275 MILLION OVER THE NEXT TEN YEARS! This shit has got to stop. They only losers in this deal are the fans who can expect ticket prices at the new Yankee Stadium to rise to the equivalent of a mortgage payment. FUCK!
- BCS #2 Oregon lost their starting quarterback and Heisman hopeful, Dennis Dixon to an injury in the first half of last night's game with Arizona. Then they lost the game. They had to. They were ranked #2 in the BCS and that's what those teams have done this year. Dixon's backup is Brady Leaf, younger brother and lookalike to Ryan Leaf. He sucks too.
- Derek Jeter may owe hundreds of thousands of dollars to New York State for misrepresenting his place of residence in Florida (to avoid state income tax) for a number of years. Poor guy. He may have to cash in on some savings bonds that his grandmother gave him for his first communion.
- There were some NBA game played last night. I think. It is unclear at this moment if Stephon Marbury and Isiah Thomas have made up and kissed. Or made up and harassed a female employee of MSG. Oh, and this just in: Phil Jackson should be chastised for not being funny rather than making "Brokeback Mountain" jokes. Doesn't he realize that is so two years ago?
- There may have also been some NHL games. As I don't live in Canada, it doesn't affect me one way or another.
Nov 16, 2007
Sad Sports Bullets
Lots of craziness happened in the sports world yesterday: