Dec 26, 2007

The Day After


Well, it still kind of the night of Christmas but it's after midnight, so let's just say the Holiday is over. And we will celebrate, bullet-style with some randomness about the past few days, shall we?
  • New movie review goodness on MovieGrenade for those 2 or 3 of you who give a shit. You know who you are. Check back daily because I've seen a bunch of crap movies in the past week. Good times.
  • Christmas Eve was loads of fun. I finished up my shopping in the morning, did a bunch of wrapping in the afternoon and then went to two dinner parties in the evening. Lots of seafood. Lots of booze. Once again...good times.
  • I invented a new shot on Christmas Eve at the second dinner party. It had vanilla infused vodka, pomegranate liquor and a bit of lime juice. I'm thinking about naming it "Three great tastes that taste like shit together". Or something a little less cumbersome. Suggestions are welcome.
  • Slept in on Christmas morning. No breakfast. No Mass. No opening of presents. We saved that all for later in the day. Felt really nice. Having kids must be a hassle!
  • I made a delicious shrimp chowder for the Holiday. It had bacon, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, hash browns and lots of other good stuff as well. Sure to cause a heart attack in those with weak constitutions. Not me. I thrive on that shit.
  • Gia and I got each other some wonderful gifts. A highlight for me was a NY Yankee six-pack of games of my choice. A highlight for her was a brand spanking new iPhone. We rock and roll!
  • Played some Wii games with my nephew at his house on Christmas Day. Boxing was fun, but I played the first round with the controllers held backwards...I'm not a strong swimmer. Tennis was fun too, although sometimes it ignored my overhead smashes in favor of a topspin volley. The real fun was Wii golf. I kicked much ass on that one. And I didn't break a sweat. Unlike boxing. That's a stupid game!
And that's all I got. Hope your Holidays were a whole shitload of fun! That's what the Jesus would have wanted.

2 comments:

TK Kerouac said...

haha
ya having kids would be a hassle
I'm stealing that photo.

Verdant Earl said...

Why not? I did. ;)