Oct 15, 2010

Absentee

So just yesterday (the 14th), I realized that we were going to be away on vacation on Election Day this year. And I also realized that absentee ballots needed to be received by the board of elections no later than the 13th.

Oh well.

Looks like we won't be voting this year. Too bad, so sad.

Besides a not-so-interesting race for Governor*, we also have elections for Comptroller, Attorney General , one of the US Senate seats, a bunch of races for the House of Representatives (including a hotly contested race in our district featuring one of those Tea Party characters) and a host of state and local public offices. So this is a pretty big one for us to miss.

This means that I won't be allowed to comment on any of the idiot candidates who are running for election this year. Nor will I be allowed to complain about the outcome of the election or the election process itself. Phew! That's a load off my back right there!

Wait...did I already comment by calling them "idiot candidates"? Or are they all idiots by default just for running? I've never really loved a candidate for any public office, or if I have I'm sure that they let me down somehow. So that's a tough question. Hmm...I'm going to have to think about this one.

While getting a sunburn on a beach in SC, of course. Cocktails may be involved.

But that's it. No more talking about the mid-term elections for me. I haven't earned it.

*Although one dude is running under the "Rent is 2 Damn High" party. Dig.
___________________________________________________
Note: Remember to play the Badgerdaddy Trivia Challenge every day. Who am I kidding? Cocktails "may" be involved? Of course they will be involved. Front and center.

13 comments:

Commander Zaius said...

While you are down here in South Carolina stay on the beach and ignore all local television. The political poop is just above knee deep status and we still have a few weeks to go and it will get higher.

Slyde said...

"cocktails may be involved"

You have a typo. You accidently forgot to put a space between cock and tails.

RW said...

It's too bad we don't have "none of the above." I truly believe that would send a very important message...

Verdant Earl said...

Beach Bum - The only TV I watch while on vacation will be either the World Series or Notre Dame football. Vacation and television don't mix.

Slyde - MY vacation, honey. Not YOUR vacation. Yes...I called you honey.

Verdant Earl said...

RW - that might get more people to the polls.

hello haha narf said...

shall i vote twice to make up for you?

Verdant Earl said...

Becky - Sure. Go nuts. Just as long as you don't Tea Party it up. But I know you would never...

Bruce Johnson said...

I stopped voting about 10 years ago, because I found myself not 'voting' for a candidate, but voting for the lesser of two evils, so the 'worst' candidate would not get elected. In reality, I liked neither of the candidates, I just disliked one more than the other. Hence, I came to the conclusion that government just no longer works in this country. If I am given a choice between Hitler and Mussilini, I suppose I would pick Mussilini, but in reality, I want neither.

Verdant Earl said...

Bruce - that's how a lot of us feel.

sybil law said...

Amen, Bruce!
Have fun, B.E. Earl! I am jealous.

Verdant Earl said...

Sybil - Lots of good food and booze!

Poppy said...

If Paladino gets voted in I'm totally blaming it on you being out of town and not voting. :p

Verdant Earl said...

Poppy - How do you know I wouldn't have voted for him any...I'm sorry. I couldn't even finish that thought. It's just not funny. Cuomo (not the greatest dude either) is gonna win in a walk.