Oct 16, 2010

OK, well...that IS better

So you know the post that I wrote the other day? The one about how my new smartphone didn't really do anything better than my old dumbphone? Well, I almost immediately found something that they do, um, do much better.

I was either going to go to the Sprint store this weekend to have my contacts transferred over to the new phone, or I was going to transfer them one at a time via bluetooth. Something I've done before, even though that's a bit of a pain in the ass.

But after I set up the new phone with my email account, I was surprised to find that 90% of my contacts were already there. The phone automatically transferred the contacts from my email account. Phone numbers, email addresses, home addresses and any other relevant information that I had stored there. Well, maybe it prompted me to see if I wanted to do that. I don't really remember. All I know is that it was soooo simple.

And that's something the old dumbphones didn't or couldn't do. I'm pretty impressed. And I'm not easily impressed.

So all I had to do was some cleanup on my email address book. Something I've been meaning to do for a long time now. And bazinga! Mission accomplished.

I now take back everything bad I've ever said about new technology. You...you're all right in my book.
___________________________________________________
Note: Remember to play the Badgerdaddy Trivia Challenge every day. Go Yankees!

8 comments:

RW said...

Not exactly apropos but I had a similar experience going to MacBook. Click this, click that, and I was connected to the net, which knew me, and I basically did nothing. I like when that happens.

Avitable said...

Now if we could just get you to get an iPhone . . .

Verdant Earl said...

RW - yeah, I've heard some things about them Apple products...

Adam - I've already purchased 3 iPhones. All of them were for Gia, but still.

Suzi Q said...

Bazinga! Ahahahaha!

Verdant Earl said...

Suzi - a little Big Bang for your buck. ;)

sybil law said...

I guess my last couple or few of phones have been not quite smart phones but close enough, because I forgot until just now what a pain it was to transfer numbers! (Haven't had that issue in ages!)

Verdant Earl said...

Sybil - The funny thing is that Sprint offers an online transfer option. But my phone two phones ago wasn't compatible, and this newest phone wasn't compatible either.

Bruce Johnson said...

Excellent, soon your journey to the dark side with be COMPLETE...then you will be one of us....one of us...one of us......bwwahhh ha ha ha