Nov 24, 2010

Nic Cage Releases the Pigs

This is the laziest post ever, because I'm basically just gonna regurgitate what the kids over at Film Drunk said about this compilation clip of Nic Cage absolutely losing his shit in just about every film he's ever made.

Seems that Warner Herzog tried to keep Cage subdued until crucial moments when filming The Bad Lietenant: Port of Call - New Orleans. Then he would ask Cage to "release the pigs". Aw...that's so sweet.


This man, this actor...he's a National Treasure.  Get it?  Ur-hur-hur.  Check it out!


___________________________________________________
Note: Remember to play the Badgerdaddy Trivia Challenge every day. I'm a vampire. I'm a vampire. I'm a vampire. I'm a vampire. I'm a vampire.

6 comments:

badgerdaddy said...

I didn't see any Wild At Heart in there. Go figure. Maybe they just left his one good film alone.

Verdant Earl said...

badger - I'll have to watch it once again, because I thought I saw a brief clip in there from Wild at Heart. But you are right...his one good film. Wild at heart and crazy on top.

Heff said...

Classic.

I liked him best in "Snake Eyes", which most people don't seem to appreciate.

Verdant Earl said...

Heff - I didn't really like Snake Eyes, but I appreciated what Brian de Palma was trying to do with it. Especially that (seemingly) long tracking shot to start out the film.

sybil law said...

I didn't see Valley Girl, either. Then again, I couldn't even make it all 4 minutes. :)

Verdant Earl said...

Sybil - wasn't he relatively more laid back in Valley Girl? It's been so long, but I do remember that I used to have a crush on Deborah Foreman. Yum.