May 20, 2011

The waiting is the hardest part

Last night, I pickled and jarred some sugar snap peas.

Seriously.  Me.  I've never pickled anything before in my life.  Besides myself, of course.

I read about the recipe on this fantastic site (H/T to Alex Belth over at Bronx Banter), and I just knew that I had to make me some.

Here's what the jarred snap peas look like now.  The jar on the right should come out a bit spicier than the jar on the left.  I added some more hot chili peppers to that one.  Everything else I did the same.

Yummies

Now I've got to make sure they stay hidden in the back of the fridge for the next 2 weeks.  I'd be otherwise tempted to sample them along the way.  The thought of devouring them has me shivering with antici.....pation.

Come up to the lab, and....see what's on the slab.


PS - I also made this extraordinarily simple pasta sauce the other night from that site.  Just tomatoes, butter and a halved onion.  It was really, really, really good.

5 comments:

Heff said...

TWO WEEKS ?

Hell, it only takes TWO HOURS to pickle ME !

Verdant Earl said...

Heff - That's what I'm talking 'bout! I plan on doing some of that pickling tonight myself.

hello haha narf said...

you are a good wife

Verdant Earl said...

Becky - And cat-mother.

sybil law said...

Maybe I should try sugar snap peas. I don't like them, I think, but I always hated green beans until the PF Chang's fried green beans. The pasta sauce sounds delicious!!