Stole this one from The Diva, who stole it from someone else and even mentioned an old post I did from back in the day. Avitable does a similar post every Sunday. She picked some difficult ones. I'm going to pick some from all over the map...easy, medium-spiced and nearly impossible.
So the rules are fairly simple
* Pick 15 of your favorite movies
* Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie (or quote them from memory because you are that bad ass)
* Post them on your blog for everyone to guess
* Fill in the film title once it’s been guessed
These are your rules:
* No Googling or using IMDB search functions (Don’t cheat!)
* Leave your answer(s) in the comments
1. "That's some bad hat, Harry." = Jaws - correctly guessed by Miss Ann Thrope.
2. "We will miss Angus tonight, we will miss his sword." = The 13th Warrior - correctly guessed by White Rabbit.
3. "Can you believe these new girls? None of them use birth control and they eat all the steak!" = Almost Famous - correctly guessed by Miss Ann Thrope.
4. "All women have the same color when the candle is out." (Hint: this is the English translation of the quote - Earl)= Le Pacte des Loups - no correct guesses.
5. "This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then - explode." = Serenity - correctly guessed by Miss Ann Thrope.
6. "You're great in the locker room, pal, and your reflexes might die hard, but you're weak when you put your spikes on." = Ronin - correctly guessed by Liz.
7. "It's simple economics. Today it's oil, right? In ten or fifteen years, food. Plutonium. Maybe even sooner. Now, what do you think the people are gonna want us to do then?" = Three Days of the Condor - correctly guessed by RW.
8. "Ok, you people! Sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president." (Hint: Not a John Wayne movie ;) - Earl) = Big Trouble in Little China - correctly guessed by Jiggs.
9. "I'll find you, Leo. You leave a trail like a fucking caterpillar." = Get Shorty - correctly guessed by Artful Kisser.
10. "Sir, it's out of my hands. The gods want you to go back home and they want you to delete someone while you're there." = Grosse Pointe Blank - correctly guessed by Miss Ann Thrope.
11. "Man, you're ill. This isn't Spain, you know. This is England." = A Man For All Seasons - correctly guessed by Artful Kisser.
12. "The trained mind does not need a watch. Watches are a confidence trick invented by the Swiss." = Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins - correctly guessed by Miss Ann Thrope.
13. "Maybe we're at war with Norway?" = The Thing - correctly guessed by Miss Ann Thrope.
14. "Can you count, suckers? I say, the future is ours... if you can count!" = The Warriors - correctly guessed by Miss Ann Thrope.
15. "You know me. I'm the same as you. It's two in the morning and I don't know nobody." = The Sting - correctly guessed by RW.
Good luck. I'll post the answers you don't correctly guess on Friday, but it won't have to come down to that...right?
11 is 'A Man For All Seasons' and I think 9 is 'Get Shorty' - no idea about the rest.
this meme is popular. also big trouble in little china.
Going out on a limb...
#7 is Three Days of the Condor
#15 is The Sting
3. Almost Famous
7. Three Days Of The Condor
10. Grosse Point Blank
12. Remo Williams
13. The Thing
14. The Warriors
Sorry to hog, but I'm really good at this.
I knew 10 - Grosse Point Blank :((
beyond that - haven't a clue!
Geeez, even for a movie buff, these are pretty obscure.....this making my head hurt on a Monday.
AK - Well done...didn't think anyone was gonna get the "Man For All Seasons" quote.
Jiggs - Jack Burton rules!
RW - 2 for 2. Damn...Three Days of the Condor was a tough one, I thought.
Miss Ann - Wow! Hard to believe that someone else knows Remo Williams quotes. ;)
White Rabbit - ya gotta be quick! ;)
Lotus - I thought some of them were obscure as well, but here we are and only 3 of the quotes haven't been guessed properly yet.
Tentatively and as afterthought - is 2 The 13th Warrior?
I'm being good and resisting googling to check halo> O:-)
White Rabbit - nothing tentative about it at all. The 13th Warrior it is.
I'm terrible at this stuff. I don't think I'd be able to guess the last 2 if my life depended on it.
6 - Ronin?
Remo Williams was, according to me, the dumbest movie ever. Dumb movies always have quotable quotes...think of Napoleon Dynamite. Dumb movie, highly quoteable.
And, not for nothin', The Thing is one of THE BEST monster movies ever.
Cuz i said so, that's why.
PS: I've been married for 11 years come August. Every single day of it has involved a movie quote. I got him but good on, "Extra primo good, Sir!"
Do you know what movie that's from?
Kat - next time.
Liz - Well done!
Miss Ann - Remo? Dumb? Never! Oh, and it's Trading Places from the end, right?
You rule! I always thought it would be easy since it was at the very end of the movie but he could not get it. I didn't tell him for MONTHS! He even tried to cheat and ask people but they didn't know either.
I rock. And obviously, you do too!
did you just add the email follow up comments thing? I swear I didn't see it before but I'm thrilled that it's there now!
Miss Ann - I didn't add the email thingie. Blogger does updates like that on its own...I think.
dammit! i should have gotten the brotherhood of the wolf one... LOVE that movie...
Here's a random one. Know the scene in 'The Dirty Dozen' where Donald Sutherland is the pretending to be a General and is inspecting the troops?
He asks some hapless soldier wher he is from. The soldier says proudly (one horse town/state).
Donald Sutherland looks him up and down and says...
'Never heard of it'.
Where was the soldier from???
Madison City, Missouri...sir!
Ole Bug Eyes...
Bullseye dammit :D
WR - To be honest, I was gonna say Madison, Missouri (forgot the City part), but I looked it up right before I commented. I was 66.67% correct.
Post a Comment