Thought it was time for another round of Movie Quote Trivia. I post 'em and you try to guess the film. Answer in the comment section and I'll give ya the credit. It's that easy. Some will be a little difficult...some will be simple. All depending on your Movie Quote Trivia knowledge
Here goes. These are all from films that I dig in a big way:
- "That sarcastic contemptuous tone that means you know everything because you're a man, and I know nothing because I'm a woman." The Birdcage (no one guessed this correctly)
- "I don't know anyone in New York who doesn't say 'I'm leaving'. I've been thinking of leaving New York for... uh... thirty-five years now." Blue in the Face/Smoke (Savannah) - WOW!
- "I get this ache... And I, I thought it was for sex, but it's to tear everything to fucking pieces." Ginger Snaps (no one guessed this correctly)
- "Hey lady - you want some fucking cheese? Get your own fucking cheese!" The Wrestler (Limpy)
- "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?" Stand By Me (Paticus)
- "He's better at this than I've ever been at anything in my life. He's better at this than you'll ever be, at anything. My son has a gift. He has a gift, and when you acknowledge that, then maybe we will have something to talk about." Searching For Bobby Fischer (Artful Kisser)
- "'Vámonos, amigos,' he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintcraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight." The Royal Tennenbaums (Artful Kisser)
- "I was at Woodstock, for Christ's sake! I peed in a field! I hung on to The Who's helicopter as it flew away!" Parenthood (Paticus)
- "Please tell me you're not waving your hand in front of my face." The Lookout (no one guessed this correctly)
- "What did one shepherd say to the other shepherd? Let's get the flock out of here! " Lethal Weapon (Paticus)
- "What to do you see when you're in the dark, and the demons come?" In the Line of Fire (no one guessed this correctly)
- "11:55, almost midnight. Enough time for one more story. One more story before 12:00, just to keep us warm." The Fog (Limpy...kinda)
- "Dear Lord, please give us the strength and courage to tear this man from limb to limb." Diggstown (2abes)
- "You have to set an example even in the face of stupidity. Everybody who reads comic books knows that the Kirby Silver Surfer is the only true Silver Surfer. Now am I right or wrong?" Crimson Tide (no one guessed this correctly)
- "And I'm not gay, ok? I get that all the time. No, I'm not gay." 200 Cigarettes (no one guessed this correctly)
- "Not all of us who drink are poets. Some of us drink because we're not poets." Arthur (2abes)
- "Don't worry about it. They always hire bums like me for jobs like this. " Streets of Fire (no one guessed this correctly)
- "Your deputy's name is Barney? That's great." Clay Pigeons (no one guessed this correctly)
- "What's with you? Yesterday you were normal and today you're like the Chinese guy from the Karate Kid. What's with you today?" Empire Records (White Rabbit)
- "I'm so hungry I could eat a grown man's ass right now! " The Foot Fist Way (no one guessed this correctly)
Bonus points for the quote in the title (O Brother, Where Art Thou? - Sybil Law) and in the footer (A History of Violence - Limpy). Go get 'em kids!
Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. "I should have killed you back in Philly."
now that you have me all about curious, when are you posting the answers?
and i obviously need to get out to more movies.
Wow. Many of these seem familiar, but on first pass, i'm pretty sure about these 3:
5. Stand By Me
10. Lethal Weapon
But, "I'll be back"(prob...prob...probably.)
10 is indeed Lethal Weapon
I think 4 is The Wrestler
The footer is from A History of Violence
Above also known as Limpy. Damn these shared computers
3 - definelty digstown
6 - maybe arthur
I don't know a damn one of these.
I have NO idea..
Points? What do we do with points? We want "prizes"!!
Becky - I'll post the answers no one gets on Sunday. Otherwise I post 'em as they come in.
Paticus - Yes, yes and yes.
Limpy - Yes and yes.
2abes - Yes and yes.
Avitable - There are a couple in there that you might kick yourself later for.
Jenn - You earn my respect. That should be enough. ;)
-feeling total shame-
Heff knows NONE of these :(
19 is a bit obscure...
I was thinking High Fidelity for a moment then re-engaged my brain
I know the title!
"Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?"!
It's the only one I know. (Love that movie!)
I suck at trivia!
Rabbit - I just watched it a few weeks ago again. Love that film!
Sybil - Nice!
i feel the shame because i know them not
@All - I've included some hints. Some won't help at all, some might.
nooooooooo! i posted earlier and blogger ate it! not that i had a lot of answers but i did have 2...the header is "oh brother where art thou" and #2 is from "smoke" (lou reed)
anyway, i know i'm gonna kick myself when y'all post the answers! xoxoxo
Savannah - I'm gonna give you #2, but it was from Smoke's companion film called Blue in the Face. Same actors (mostly) as Smoke, same writer and director. But more of a day in the life kinda thing. Very nice, though. I didn't think ANYONE would get that one!
The Three Amigos
Holly - Nope.
Holly - ditto.
I reckon Mrs Hall's guess' sound better but I think maybe 6 is Bobby Fisher and I know 7 is the Royal Tenenbaums. Yeah?
after i posted i had to go find the films, yes, we have both! thanks for giving me the pass, sugar! (and yes, we watched both of them again!)
Kisser - yes and yes! Well done!
Savannah - That's amazing that you have both. Smoke was great, but I really enjoyed Blue in the Face more. All the cameos were awesome. Especially Jim Jarmusch.
OK, I cheated on #12 because I knew it and couldn't remember it and it was bugging me.
And now Limpy is appearing as Kevin. I hate my computer.
Jeez, I'm lame. I only knew the Arthur quote.
Limpy/Kevin - that's right!
Prunela - Nah...some of those were really hard!
200 Cigarettes is comfortably one of the worst movies I have ever seen. No wonder I didn't get that one... Haven't seen Streets of Fire in years, would like to see that again.
Streets of Fire! Arrgh! I knew that one sounded familiar!
Nice, quiz, Earl.
badger - 200 Cigarettes was very evocative of NYC in the 80's. I loved it.
Paticus - I laugh every time I hear Michael Pare say that line. And Rick Moranis' tough guy dialogue is hysterical. Plus...The Blasters! Great film!
too bad i wasnt around the past few days... i knew 4 and 8.
You mean... New York was dull and hackneyed, with numbing dialogue and cliché characters all copped up in a story that tried waaaaaaaay too hard to be cool and ended up as plain bland? I'm glad I didn't make it across then, I'm sure it's much more fun now.
badger - pffft!
Post a Comment