- Remember my issue with Amtrak from last week? Well, I forwarded them a copy of my blog post and they got back to me today with an apology and a $50 voucher. Not bad, but I would have preferred a real explanation as to why we couldn't get off the train and stretch our legs while we waited in the dark. I was hoping for "gremlins did it."
- Speaking of Amtrak, check out this great big bowl of crazy. Using a grant from the Federal Railroad Commission, they are going to be using a form of bio-fuel on their Heartland Flyer service from Oklahoma City to Fort Worth. A beef-based bio-fuel that is basically made from rendered cow fat. And this train is going to run right through the heart of cow country. Talk about adding insult to injury!
- Had hella fun meeting up with some local, and not-so-local, bloggers over the weekend at The Ginger Man in NYC. I wound up going to see a friend of mine from Queens afterward, where nothing was stolen whatsoever. Honestly.
- Grillin' some marinated steaks, asparagus and eggplant tonight for dinner. That's right...it's grillin' season. Got a few tasty beers chillin' in the fridge to chase that shit down. That's right...it's chillin' season. The two go together soooo nicely, dontchathink?
- Does anyone understand the new-found popularity of Insane Clown Posse? Is this 1996 all over again? And doesn anyone really know a Juggalo personally? I'm scared.
- I'm not kidding, I'm gonna keep on eye on that Stephen Hawking character. Something's up.
- Gonna leave you with a video by Blues Image. "Ride Captain Ride" just for shits and giggles. Or maybe for a reason after all. You decide. And yeah...that's John Byner at the beginning of the video introducing the band. Groovy.
___________________________________________________Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. You gonna ride the meat train?