Say hello to York.
That picture was taken a few weeks ago, he's now 12 weeks old and Gia will be picking him up over New Year's while she is down South. Because of his coloring, he's called a "Chocolate Drop"...I really don't know what that means. But he does have a cute white spot on his nose, doesn't he?
We aren't in love with the name, though. We adopted Avery from the same breeder and kept his name, even though we mostly call him Bootsy these days. So since were are going to call him something else anyway, we decided we need to rename him. Here are our current favorite names:
- Loki - a mischievous name for a mischievous-looking fella. Gia's current favorite.
- Levon - for Mr. Helm, but I'm thinking Levon is more of a dog name.
- The Dude - here's the problem...we already kinda know someone who has a Ragamuffin named The Dude. Second place suck.
- Leo - not for the lion. But because it sounds like the name of an old curmudgeon. And for Leo McGarry, our favorite character from The West Wing.
- Jack Burton - my current favorite.
- The Humungus*! The Lord Humungus! The Warrior of the Wasteland! The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla! - I dunno...maybe a little ponderous.
- Michaleen Oge Flynn - "Impetuous! Homeric!"
- Rails - because of the white mark on his nose. Those who fondly (or otherwise) remember 70's/80's drug culture will get this.
- Agador Spartacus - just in case he's gay. You never know.
- Dave Grohl - just kidding, Sybil. Or am I?
- Tom Waits - yeah.
- Rudeboy/Rudie - it's a ska thing. Maybe Bad Boy Rudie. Yeah...I like that.
- Lord Invader - there is a backstory.
*That's how it's spelled in the credits for The Road Warrior.