Dec 15, 2010

A question for the MacHeads

What is the best way to transfer a phone mail message from Gia's iPhone to an audio file that I can post here on my blog?

She did some searching, but hasn't come up with an easy solution yet.  And asking this question here is about as far as I'm willing to go for an answer.  But, if it's easy, I guarantee y'all a gut-busting time when and if I get to post a message from Gia's father that I've listened to about a dozen times now.

He is an absolute piece of work, I tell you.

I, of course, am asking this question of y'all because I don't have an iPhone or an iPad or anything else that Steve Jobs is hawking.  But Gia, gahblesshersoul, is an absolute Apple Whore.  Speaking of Apple Whores, this gives me an opportunity to see where Dave2's Apple images are showing up when I do a Google image search for "Apple Whore".

Ah...he slipped to the 5th image.  Last time I checked he was 2nd.  Tsk tsk tsk.

17 comments:

Slyde said...

why dont you just act it out for us through the magic of puppetry?

Verdant Earl said...

Slyde - It would make a funny puppet show. Maybe I'll do it on Xtrovert. Hmmm...

Verdant Earl said...

I meant Xtranormal.com, duh...

Poppy said...

It has a connector you connect directly to the Mac, right? I'd then just drag and drop the audio file from the iPhone to the Mac. S'what I do with my Droid all the time.

Poppy said...

It occur to me the file doesn't reside on the iPhone, so what I'd do instead:

put the message on SPEAKER then record it using your Mac's Garage Band which will save it as an audio file.

Back when Dawg and I were living in separate states I used to record his voicemails by putting them on speaker then capturing with iMovie. :)

sybil law said...

I am of no help here.
Carry on!

Dave2 said...

Unfortunately, I am not a full-time Apple Whore on my blog... only in real life. Google doesn't reward real life. :-(

Poppy has my suggestion... since the voicemail is stored on AT&T's servers, iPhone would have to capture the audio from within the Phone app, and I don't think there's any way to do that. Which is a shame, really.

Verdant Earl said...

Poppy - Thanks for the suggestion. We thought of that, but were concerned that the quality wouldn't be very good coming from the iPhone's speakers. I dunno...we'll give it a try.

Sybil - onward!

Dave2 - I know...it's just that I love when I do a Google image search and one of your creations pops up on the first page. Lil Dave (and Bad Monkey) deserve their due.

Bruce Johnson said...

No clue on the iPhone, but it is easy as 'snap' on an Android.

Water Logged Canine said...

Maybe if your hair wasn't so lazy, you could figure it out. MOTHAFUGGA!

Verdant Earl said...

Lotus - Wait...something is EASIER on an Android. :::shocking:::

Doggie - Et tu, Doucherino?

Water Logged Canine said...

If you're implying that I'm going to stab you...you'd be correct. Just know that I'll be wounding your chocolate starfish with my flesh sword. YAHTZEE!

Verdant Earl said...

Doggie - Heeeyoooohhhh!!! If only your wife really knew how you talked to me. Oh wait...she does! And she approves!

RW said...

See, I was going to help you but then I saw the topic this is posted in and I just said "hmph."

Scared the parrot.

Verdant Earl said...

RW - Yeah, kinda counter-intuitive (or something) to ask for help on a product while bashing it at the same time. But that's par for the course for me. Hey...I hate the brand, not the people using it. I live with one, fer crissakes!

RW said...

Aaaaah. You're just pissed because most viruses are written in Gates.

Verdant Earl said...

RW - For now. Hehehe. For now.