- When did I start preferring lumpy mashed potatoes? When I was a kid, we used an electric mixer to get our mashed potatoes as smooth and creamy as possible. And that's how I enjoyed my mashers for the longest time. But now, I use a hand masher and I take no time at all in kind of mashing them. I just think they taste better chunky.
- When did I start needing 8 hours of sleep a night? I used to be fine on 5 or 6 hours every night. Nowadays, I need 3 cups of coffee in the morning if I don't get in the requisite 8. It was bound to happen eventually, I guess.
- When did I start growing hair in my ears? I'll offer no further input on this one. Let's move on.
- When did I start chewing the fingernail on my right thumb again? I used to chew on/pick at all my fingernails back in the day, but I was able to will myself to stop except for one finger on each hand. My middle finger on my left hand and my ring finger on the right. I've tried and tried, but I seem to hate those two fingernails the most. So they get punished. But lately, I've found myself picking at and chewing the nail on my right thumb as well. I do it unconsciously, like when I'm reading or watching late night television. But it's a nasty habit and it needs to stop. I'd like to stop on my other two fingernails too, but let's work on this one first.
- When did my hair start to look like Gary Faulkner's hair? He's the dude that claimed he had hunted and killed bin Laden a while back. He was on TV tonight and both Gia and I paused because it was an almost exact match. Yikes.
Happy Cinco de Mayo, kids!