- When did I start preferring lumpy mashed potatoes? When I was a kid, we used an electric mixer to get our mashed potatoes as smooth and creamy as possible. And that's how I enjoyed my mashers for the longest time. But now, I use a hand masher and I take no time at all in kind of mashing them. I just think they taste better chunky.
- When did I start needing 8 hours of sleep a night? I used to be fine on 5 or 6 hours every night. Nowadays, I need 3 cups of coffee in the morning if I don't get in the requisite 8. It was bound to happen eventually, I guess.
- When did I start growing hair in my ears? I'll offer no further input on this one. Let's move on.
- When did I start chewing the fingernail on my right thumb again? I used to chew on/pick at all my fingernails back in the day, but I was able to will myself to stop except for one finger on each hand. My middle finger on my left hand and my ring finger on the right. I've tried and tried, but I seem to hate those two fingernails the most. So they get punished. But lately, I've found myself picking at and chewing the nail on my right thumb as well. I do it unconsciously, like when I'm reading or watching late night television. But it's a nasty habit and it needs to stop. I'd like to stop on my other two fingernails too, but let's work on this one first.
- When did my hair start to look like Gary Faulkner's hair? He's the dude that claimed he had hunted and killed bin Laden a while back. He was on TV tonight and both Gia and I paused because it was an almost exact match. Yikes.
Happy Cinco de Mayo, kids!
Gah! I don't like Gary Faulkner! (Whom I only know from that very picture.)
Anyway, I KNOW your hair doesn't look like that - or at least, your face isn't as annoying. :)
That sure didn't come out the way I mean it to - I really shouldn't comment tired and buzzed!
I love lumpy mashed potatoes - and my mom used the mixer growing up, to. :)
Too. TOO. Shit. That would've bugged me all night.
• The correct term is "Smashed Potatoes" if the skins are left on... "Smooshed Potatoes" if the skins are removed. "Lumpy" is something altogether different and nasty.
• I long for the day I can sleep eight hours a night again. At most, I get five. I average four. This is awful, because I LOVE to sleep. Envy!
• Now THIS, however, is something I'm happy to wait a while for!
• Biting fingernails is not as bad as CLIPPING THEM IN PUBLIC, WHICH SHOULD BE PUNISHABLE BY DEATH!! Especially in a restaurant.
• My hair is a terminal mess. There's no taming it. I have thin, fly-away hair, and always have. It's the bane of my existence, and I regularly dream of shaving my head. Unfortunately, I probably don't have a nice-looking head. :-(
Totally with you on the hours of sleep needed and the hair growing from the ears.
Sybil - I know what you meant. Er, I think.
Dave2 - Smashed potatoes is how I likes 'em. With the skins still on. Nice!
Beach Bum - You too, eh? Birds of a pheather, phlocking and all that shit...
i like to take my potatoes rectally.
You need a "Wolowitz and Wolowitz"-esque picture of you and the Bin Laden Hunter. That would be the cat's pee jayz...or dare I say the lumpy potatoes!
Speaking of lumpy...I hate that word. Conjures images of gloopy and gloppy movements of the bowel variety.
I am not a fan of the lumpy mashed potatoes. I actually use a ricer before using a hand masher to get 'em nice and smooth. And I don't like 'em with the skin on either.
And in case you question my expertise on this, my daughters refer to my mashed potatoes as "Daddy's FAMOUS Mashed Potatoes"...So, I gots the skillz.
Slyde - Of course you do.
Doggie - A picture of me with that dude would the ultimate get.
Paticus - Well my (s)mashed potatoes are also referred to as "World Famous" by my family. Different strokes and all...
Aaah, WORLD FAMOUS...Yes that would trump my potatoes. Well, played, sir. Well played. :)
The hair starts growing inward, is why it shows up in your ears and nose, and stops growing on your head.
RW - Sounds like a plot to a science fiction story. Hmmm....
Welcome to Middle Age. Population: You.
Kevin - I'm the only one!?! Fuck!
I'm ok either way.. mashed smooth or mashed lumpy. As long as there is much country gravy included, it's all good.
Hair in the ears is sad. I started a good 6 years ago. I've tried one of those ear clipper buzzing devices, but it doesn't work (it's mostly made for nose hair). I use small scissors to clip (carefully).
Yes, the hair in my ears was a shock to me as well.....that is just strange.
Post a Comment