Oct 10, 2006

Cough, cough...

Feeling a bit under the weather today. Just a chest cold, but I'm the worst sick person in the world so everything is magnified.

Just wanted to give/drop the names of two celebrities that we ran into in our past two trips to the city. The first was Bob Balaban. He was waiting for his car in the same parking garage we were parked in last week. It was a very un-eventful meeting. I pointed at him and said "Hey, Bob Balaban! How are you?" He said "Great. Thanks", and then he moved on.

The second was Danielle Brisebois. For those of you who don't remember her, she was the bushy eye-browed Stephanie on "All in the Family". She has left the world of acting to concentrate on her musical career with some success. I have to admit that I didn't recognize her. We were coming down from our hotel room on Saturday. When we got to the lobby, she and her two friends were heading up. I was staring at her chest, because...well, it was there. But my lady love (shiny!) recognized her right away. Had no doubt, and that's all the confirmation I needed.

Oh yeah, and I was briefly mistaken for a celebrity on Saturday also. We stayed at a hotel directly across the street from the theater where Chicago is playing, and my lady love's (shiny!) uncle performs in the show. So we headed across the street, talked to an usher (Not Usher...who is currently perfoming as Billy Flynn...he was sick that day) and we were told to head down into the musician's area to find him. As it turns out, he was heading out right at that time so we didn't have to look too hard for him.

So as were are coming out of the tunnel back to the front of the theater, I was the first one out of the gate. There were these two Asian women with autograph books and pens waiting for us. Their eyes lit up when they saw me and they raised their pens and books for us to sign, but I had to let them down with a soft "Sorry...I'm nobody."

Sigh. Maybe someday, Asian ladies....maybe someday!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man...that Bob Balaban story was absolutely riveting.

Exactly what I would have expected from an encounter with Bob Balaban. ;)

Steve~

Verdant Earl said...

Yeah...it was so riveting that I forgot about it until this past Sunday when we were telling the Danielle Brisebois story at a wedding.

That guy is excitement X 2!

Kat said...

Wow. Maybe I've seen both of them before...cause I wouldn't have known if I did.
So earl. If ya had to say. What famous person do you most resemble?

Knitty Yas said...

first of all.. if have a cold drink herba buena (mint tea) and eat pickles (no real medicinal cure just makes people make funny faces)

second you should have signed the 2 asian ladies books and took pics with them and kissed their cheeks just to make their day. lol

who knows... you may be a hit in Japan and not know it. Hey it can happen McWorld!

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Asian chicks thought you were a power ranger, or Picachu?

Anna said...

uh... where's slydes blog?

Anna's having issues... keep getting error... need to get help....

elizabeth said...

Earl - yep. Should have signed them. Never turn down a chance to play with minds.
I'm with Kath - who do you most resemble? (a little wizard any of us might know?)

elizabeth said...

HEY! Anna's alive!

Verdant Earl said...

Celebrities I look like? Hmmm....

Anonymous said...

Where's slydes blog?

It's right where its always been, of course....

you would REMEMBER it if you visited more often (subtle hint!).