- I'm still cranking through the Hugos. I'm currently reading The Yiddish Policeman's Union by Michael Chabon. When I went to the library to check it out, I couldn't find it under Fiction or Science-Fiction, but I knew that they had it available because I scoped it online first. When I asked the cranky librarian about it I got the title wrong and asked for The Yiddish Policeman's Ball. Instead of correcting me, she told me that she didn't see that one available. I was about to walk away when she said "But we do have one called The Yiddish Policeman's Union, if you would like that one instead." I wanted to punch her in the vagina, but she was sitting behind a desk.
- No Cool Blogger Fantasy Baseball League this year. Only three of you responded with any interest at all, and we would need another 6-8 to make it fun and/or exciting so I nixed it. I'm surrounded by baseball atheists, I tell you!
- My friend's friend's Figga Please video on Youtube! hasn't exactly gone viral yet. But around 5,000 people have watched it so far, and I'm sure that at least 10 of those views came from here. So well done, I say! Well done!
- We are headed down to Charleston, SC for a vacation in a few weeks with a day trip to the fair city of Savannah, GA on one of the days. All I'm hoping for is 80 degree weather during the day, and cold beers and seafood at night. OK...I could probably do without the 80 degree weather or the seafood, and let's not kid ourself...the beer will be cold during the day too.
- Speaking of nice weather, last week was absolutely gorgeous here. I broke out the flip-flops and the shorts even though it was not quite warm enough for either. But when you got gams like I got, you don't want to keep them hidden beneath pants!
- Speaking of last week, we had our first bonfire of the season on Friday night. We made s'mores, cooked hobo hot-dogs, listened to great music and drank Irish Whiskey out of the bottle. It was a hella good time. Looking forward to more of those evenings as the Spring turns to Summer here on our fair harbor.
- Looking forward to BeerHer in NYC when we get back late in April. All the cool kids (who aren't going to TequilaCon) will be there! And The Ginger Man is a cool joint. If you are in or near NYC on April 24th you should join us. Dig.
Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. Really, librarian? REALLY?