May 14, 2010

Music Video Fridays: Random Crap

Today's edition is just some random crap that I've been listening to lately. You have been warned!

Pretty Hate Machine was a super fucking cool debut album by Nine Inch Nails back in 1989. I remember the first time I heard it was on a copy a friend had made for me on cassette tape and I wore that bad boy out. Weirdly, I haven't latched on to anything that Trent Reznor has done since then like I did with that album. Every once in a while I hear something that I kinda like, but most of it just leaves me wanting more Pretty Hate Machine. Here's "Down In It":


(hed) planet earth was another band who only released one album that I really liked. Their self-titled major label debut was okay, but I really like their second album Broke. Maybe because the biggest hit on the album, "Bartender", was so funky and aggressive and I was really hating on the trend that rap-punk was heading towards at that time. I dunno. I gave their third album a try as well, but it didn't take. But I still dig Broke every now and again.


I dunno, but all that angst and talk of bartenders has got me feeling really thirsty. I really could use a "Cold Beverage". Hey G. Love, could you and Special Sauce help me out with this one, brother? I appreciate it!



___________________________________________________
Note: Remember to play the Badgerdaddy Trivia Challenge every day. Go girl, work the cold one .

6 comments:

Water Logged Canine said...

Wow! Such multifaceted tastes. Something I can never have is also a great track off Pretty Hate Machone. If you ever want to revisit NIN, I stand behind "The Downward Spiral." A great album from start to finish.

(hed)? Really?! Truly? SERIOUSLY?

In college, G. Love played a show during my senior year. The following year, one of the photos from his performance was credited as me. Now...anyone who knows me, knows I look nothing like G. Love and that he looks EXACTLY like me.

sybil law said...

I approve all these musical choices.
And I know we could hang out, drink and listen to music. And have a Slyde sandwich.
Haha :)

Verdant Earl said...

Doggie - Yeah, I was into that (hed) album for a while there. That G Love story is hi-larious!

Sybil - You had me until the very end there. Whoa.

Kevin Spencer said...

Pretty Hate Machine is still an amazing album. I saw NIN on this tour in London. Did an amazing version of Sin. Never have forgotten that gig.

marty mankins said...

Pretty Hate Machine was an epic album. I love reading the story of how it was created, with Trent being a complete unknown working at a recording studio.

Their second album "Broken" was pretty raw and very aggressive. It got played a lot, too. Especially the extra track "Physical" that was a nice Adam Ant cover.

Verdant Earl said...

Kevin - that must have been some show!

Marty - I liked the Broken (and Fixed) EP. Just not as much as Pretty Hate Machine.