Jun 22, 2011

What you've been missing

If you haven't been listening to Just Talking to the Cornfield, that is. And really...don't you wanna be one of the cool kids who does?  Here's what you missed in the latest episode:
  • We gave away a bottle of booze and you didn't win it.  Then again, we are gonna give some stuff away in future shows.  Listen in and find out how. Don't and, er...don't.
  • I renamed the Baltimore Orioles.  Well, the Colonel thought it was funny anyway.
  • Because of recent phone issues, I did the show from my backyard.  Meant I had to put on some clothes. Which sucks. Damn neighbors!
  • We've reached 10,000 downloads on iTunes.  That sounds about right.  I have no idea if it is right, because iTunes doesn't provide those stats for us.  A kind fellow gave me instructions on how to get at that data, but I'd rather just make shit up. Easier.
  • We decided, separately, who is The Most Interesting Man in Baseball.  It's your mother.
  • We also picked our favorite DHs of all-time.  DH, of course, stands for Dirty (w)Hore. It's your mother.
Now you are a little sad you missed it, eh?

No worries.  You can listen to all the episodes on Talkshoe or download the podcasts from iTunes.  What are you waiting for?  Do it to it, kids!

Say hello to your mother for me.

10 comments:

Dave2 said...

No Saltalamacchia?

sybil law said...

Now when I hear, "Say hello to your mother", I think of the SNL clips of Andy Samberg playing Mark Wahlberg.
Also, no Saltalamacchia?!

Verdant Earl said...

Dave2 - Dammit! I knew we forgot to mention something!

Sybil - I think of the same thing. And your mother, of course. ;)

Slyde said...

Kenny Rogers is looking pretty good these days!

hello haha narf said...

i don't know who that beautiful man is, but thank you for posting his photo. he is seriously gorgeous!

Candy's daily Dandy said...

I'm not one of the cool kids??

Shame on me.

Verdant Earl said...

Slyde - Ugh, have you seen what Kenny Rogers actually looks like nowadays? You wouldn't recognize him.

Becky - His name is Jonathan Goldsmith. He's an actor who plays "The Most Interesting Man in the World" in a series of Dos Equis commercials.

Verdant Earl said...

Candy - Easily fixed. ;)

Heff said...

"I don't often drink beer, but when I do, I beat my family SEVERELY...."

marty mankins said...

I need to rearrange my Sun nights so I can listen in.