Oct 27, 2011

Movie Night

Holy shit!

Halloween is just a few short days away! And I haven't even figured out what I'm going as!!!

OK...I'm calm now. Halloween sure isn't the same when you are grown up without any interesting costume parties to go to. And no...I'm not asking for any invites. Thanks, anyway.

But I am excited for one thing these next few days. Horror movies. Lots of 'em.

I've already made sure to record some of the classics like Halloween, Bride of Frankenstein, Night of the Living Dead, etc..  Films I should already have in my library, except that I don't really have a movie library anymore. Those DVDs didn't survive the last move, and who really needs "hard" copies of films in this age of digital streaming?  I can't tell you the last time I popped a DVD or Blu-Ray into the player.  That thing just sits there like a...sitting thing. Yeah.

Well, anyway...I'm sure I'll be supplementing the fare that is playing on AMC and TMC and wherever with some new stuff on NetFlix or Amazon Instant. And I can't wait.

Horror movies. Yeah, that's what I'm in the mood for.

You?

PS - Oh, one more thing. I'm going to be reviewing them as I see them. So expect a bunch of posts in the coming days. Mwah-ha-ha-ha!!!

6 comments:

sybil law said...

Halloween's been on the past few nights, and I haven't watched it, yet. Then again, I'm generally all doped up on Theraflu, so sleep is crimping my horror movie watching.

RW said...

Nosferatu (the silent one, the original) plays on my TV every Halloween night while we are treating the little goblins at the door. I've been doing that a few years now. It's not very good in spots of course (mostly whenever the vampire isn't on) but it's sort of like... I don't know... like when it's Christmas and you just have to put the Jimmy Stewart movie on. Stuff like that, But I do love the old flick. I'm odd that way.

Slyde said...

You could always dress up as Ganfalf....

oh wait, you did that already...

p.s. the dvds didnt survive the move? what the fuck happened?

Verdant Earl said...

Sybil - Yeah, seeing it on AMC the other night got me to thinking how I need to start watching some horror flicks. QUICK!

RW - Nosferatu is always gonna be a classic in my book. And yeah...now that you say it, it IS kinda like that Jimmy Stewart flick at Christmas!

Slyde - Well, I had loaned a bunch out and never got them back. And I had a bunch more in a box that I just didn't really want to keep, so I threw them out. I only kept a couple of dozen more. But I really never had very many to begin with.

marty mankins said...

Night Of The Living Dead is always watched here.

Verdant Earl said...

Marty - It's a necessity this time of year. A must.