Jul 8, 2009

Some administrative bullshit


Lots going on and lots of catching up to do. But first, some administrative business to attend to.
  • Congratulations to Limpy for winning the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge for the month of June.  This marks the fourth month in a row that the rotten bastard has beat us all.  I plan on sabotaging his internet connection at some point this month.  Mwah-ha-ha-ha!!!  
  • Speaking of the trivia game, I need suggestions for Wednesdays.  Today we are doing Hip Hop as requested by Hilly.  I expect to perform miserably.  But that is the beauty of Wednesdays!  Everyone gets a chance to suck.  So leave your suggestions in the comment section here.  Thanks!
  • I don't get a lot of spam here, but there is one persistent anonymous fucker who keeps on keeping on.  His comments are loaded with links to a bunch of sites in some kind of Asian language.  He/She/It usually only leaves one and then skedaddles, but occasionally it will bomb me with a bunch of spam.  What I would like to do, in lieu of comment moderation or word verification (I despise both), is somehow prevent commentators from leaving links in the comment section.  Does anyone know how to block that specific HTML tag in the Blogger comment form?  It's not a huge deal, but I think it would stop this one spammer from spamming me with his spam.  SPAM!
  • I've been seriously neglecting my other blogs.  You know the two blogs I'm talking about.  But I've got beer reviews and bad movie reviews coming down the turnpike.  So look for 'em soon!  Well, sooner or later. 
  • Fellow blogger and all around good egg Stacie Ponder (Final Girl)  is looking for a little grassroots financing for some re-shoots on the independent horror film she recently shot.  Go check it out, if you are into that kind of thing and if you are feeling charitable.  
That's it.  Go home!

________________________________________________________

Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. Nothing to see here.  Move along...SPAM!!!

14 comments:

2abes said...

Limpy has pulled one over on you guys...he writes all the questions in the trivia games. Boy you guys are slow! How about Slydes favorite trivia top for a Wednesday - NASCAR.

Verdant Earl said...

2abes - Oh, God! Really? NASCAR? That's a guaranteed zero for me.

Anonymous said...

Remind me not to ask for Hip Hop again, okay? Holy crap, I sucked it worse than I would had you made the category "parochial schools of the 20th century".

Jay-Z and Eminem are going to disown me.

Verdant Earl said...

Hilly - it was pretty awful, but at least we all suck at it.

Heff said...

Ok, here comes a guaranteed FAIL on the Challenge....

Jennifer and Sandi said...

I got it. Lake trivia damn it! Hahahaha!


Nascar rocks! So does Jimmie J.

That's all!

- Jennifer

Verdant Earl said...

Heff - for everyone.

Jenn - I did lake trivia one week and you missed it! I have no idea who Jimmie J. is. Must be a NASCAR dude.

sybil law said...

Holy crap.... That was hard today (that's what she said)!
I am no longer suggesting categories. I suggested art and literature, and I find that the questions are far beyond my knowledge in any way!
That said, art and literature. :)

Slyde said...

i got ZERO today.

fucking ZERO!

DAMN you HILLY!

and here i thought i was in touch with my urban side...

Verdant Earl said...

Sybil - well we tried Art, so howsabout literature next time?

Slyde - that's a brutal score, my man.

Jennifer and Sandi said...

You did NOT do lake trivia. NO FAIR!


- Jennifer

Verdant Earl said...

Jenn - well, I did a bodies of water trivia because there wasn't enough lake trivia questions. But I did do it. I don't think you played that day.

Stacie Ponder said...

Wow, thanks for the link! You're swell.

Verdant Earl said...

Stacie - I know. :)