Feb 23, 2010

Epic Beard Man

No...I'm not talking about that crazy, old, white coot who put a beat-down on that younger, maybe equally crazy, black dude on an Oakland bus last week. If you were anywhere near a computer last week you already know all about that crazy shit.  But if you are interested, you can read about the incident here. Or watch the original video here. Or the next video here. Or an interview with the guy here. But I won't be embedding anything to do with it here. No sirree. I'm all about love, not war.

No...I'm talking about me.  Epic Beard Earl.

OK, it's not quite epic yet, but I'm growing it longer.  Gimme a few months, will ya?

For the life of me I can't figure out why I took a picture of myself on the train to the city last week.  I mean, I wasn't even drunk or anything.  I was a little bored, but that's no excuse for self-photography.  What is this?  A Myspace page?  Sheesh!  I'll tell you what though, it's a good thing I have those sunglasses covering my eyes.  One smoldering look from my deep blue eyes would have all you ladies droppin' your panties in no time.

And you can't tell from this picture, but this is officially the longest my hair has ever been.  I just have it back in a tight ponytail.  I'm thinking of going with a new look.  Maybe pigtails.  Whaddya think?  Or the bald look.  I already have the "balding" look, so why not go for the full monty.  Suggestions are always welcome.

___________________________________________________

Note: Remember to play the Bug-Eyed Trivia Challenge every day. I AM a Mother-Fucker!

26 comments:

savannah said...

how about a lebowski cut first? length, but not structured, kind of look. or the sean connery look - short, but not a buzz? i like the beard, sugar! xoxoxo

white rabbit said...

I have my beard really, really number one cut short these days but reserve the right to grow an ancient mariner style really, really long one in my old age...

I fear thee, ancient Mariner! I fear thy skinny hand! And thou art long, and lank, and brown, As is the ribbed sea-sand.

As Coleridge observed.

Jus sayin...

RW said...

I shaved off my chin whiskers long ago...

"I was tasting the soup two hours after I ate it."

(Imaginary million bucks if you guess which movie).

Mrs. Hall said...

woah!

EARL makes an appearance!

well. .. there ya go ;)

nice to see ya Earl ;)

Shania said...

I suggest a french braid and perhaps a bead or two when the beard gets long enough.

sybil law said...

Pigtails are awesome. Also, the one, high ponytail on top of the head looks good.
Nice picture! You have a face!!! It looks good!

Slyde said...

since you're taking suggestions, how about putting a bag over your head.


p.s. consider my panties dropped.

Kevin McKeever said...

I think you need the Phil Spector white man 'fro.

Verdant Earl said...

Savannah - What I have now is pretty much a Lebowski. Except I can't handle wearing it down as much as he did. My neck sweats. :)

Wabbit - very nice!

RW- Unforgiven. And I didn't even need to look it up.

Holly - For the astute reader...ahem...I've been out there before. Just on other folks blogs.

Shania - The old Jack Sparrow look, eh?

Sybil - I rock the topknot all the time when I'm feeling particularly silly.

Slyde - The paper bag look is the best suggestion yet!

Uncool - until that one! Nice! I think I can do it.

Slyde said...

now im sitting here singing "secret agent man" with the words "epic bearded man".

thanks for that.

RW said...

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding-
a million virtual dollars just deposited in your account.

or the name of a cartoon sidekick repeated mindlessly.

either or.

Mrs. Hall said...

yeah, i am an astute reader. in fact, i'm the one who pointed you out on the simmer II website.

JEEZ!

why am i the only one who remembers these things ;)

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Dude....Brad Pitt better watch his fricken back, you know what I'm sayin?


I love picture of Earlsie days!!

Verdant Earl said...

Slyde - I do what I do. Sorry.

RW - I shall virtually spend it wisely.

Holly - Oh, I remember. I just wondered if YOU had remembered. ;)

Candy - Oh go on...no really, go on! Great story about your daughter, by the way. :)

Heff said...

You've got a long way to "grow" to catch up with Heff, pal. You'll see tomorrow.

Verdant Earl said...

Heff - looking forward to the grand re-opening!

Bruce Johnson said...

Bah!....we call that peach fuzz down here.

Dr Zibbs said...

I KNEW you wanted to be like Brad Pitt. I just KNEW it!

Verdant Earl said...

Bruce - yeah, me too. Sigh.

Zibbs - Ewww! Who would want to be like Brad Pitt? Having to bang Angelina Jolie all the time...it's enough to make you sick, is what it is!

i am the diva said...

i dunno, i'm a sucker for the long hair... when we were dating, sometimes b-rad would let me put his hair in willy nelson braids...

Bonez said...

I like the look and think you should keep expressing yourself through your experimentation until you find the you you feel comfortable with. Just because you happen to look like my clone doesn't really bias my judgment, in the least. You good lookin' devil you!

Verdant Earl said...

Diva - I'm doing the Willie Nelson braids and bandana tonight just for you.

Tony - You must be a good lookin' guy! ;)

Water Logged Canine said...

How delicious was the meat you put into your purdy mouth shortly after snapping this photo?

I'm a MOO-THA FUCKA!

hello haha narf said...

i love, love, love a bald guy so i vote keep the hair long so that i don't embarrass myself up in here. wouldn't want to disrespect your awesome gia.

Poppy said...

Wait, what? You're changing something? I was just impressed you posted a photo of yourself! Not that I don't know what you look like. Since I have photos of you on my flickr. And my screen saver. (what?)

Verdant Earl said...

Doggie - Oh my God...it was all about the delicious meat!

Becky - Yeah, I think I have a funny looking head. So no bald look for me. Phew! ;)

Poppy - I knew it! :)