Aug 3, 2010

The Secret Ingredient.

I'm a fan of Mark Dacascos. Sure, he's done some silly things in his career like Double Dragon or The Crow television series.  Most of that can be forgiven though for just being involved with something like Brotherhood of the Wolf.  That was a great flick!  But a quick look at his IMDB page will show a rather silly resume.

But his silliest role by far was assuming the mantle of The Chairman in Iron Chef America.  His biggest job on the show each week is to introduce the secret ingredient in a flamboyant, poncy manner.  Always worth a smile.  Some enterprising soul has compiled all of these secret ingredient introductions, and I've watched it about 5 times so far.  I'm not done by a long-shot either.  Enjoy!



___________________________________________________
Note: Remember to play the Badgerdaddy Trivia Challenge every day. My favorite one is beer.  Obviously..

13 comments:

RW said...

That Youtube icon picture, before you START the video, makes it look like he's wearing a skirt made of big orange puffs. I need coffee.

Verdant Earl said...

RW - I wouldn't put it past him. The Chairman is the ultimate showman.

Dave said...

Great find! I love Iron Chef.

Seals said...

I love Iron Chef America but the "Chairman" kind of puts me on tilt. He's not really the nephew of the Japanese Iron Chef (he's a Hawaiian actor) and the silliness is a bit much.

Still, I long for the day when he says, "PUDDING!"

Verdant Earl said...

Dave - It's a show that I put on when I just want to zone out.

Seals - Hey! Long time. Yeah, I don't know why they chose to have him refer to the original guy as his uncle. And Dacascos is a true mutt. Got a bit of everything in him. Hawaiian (Filipino, Spanish and Chinese ancestry), Irish, Japanese. He's got it all.

sybil law said...

That kinda makes me glad I've never seen Iron Chef...

Heff said...

Don't forget his kick-ass stint on Dancing With The Stars, lol !

Kevin Spencer said...

Classic find mate. I used to watch Iron Chef back in my former life. Is it still on? I never watch the Food Network these days.

Verdant Earl said...

Sybil - Even when Bobby Flay is on? gasp

Heff - Happy to say I haven's seen one moment of that show.

Kevin - I think it's still on. Seems to always be on in repeats anyway.

Seals said...

I still read everyday, I'm just not much of a commenter.

No blog anymore but I'm on Facebook and Twitter everyday. Shoot me a friend request if you're on either.

Verdant Earl said...

Seals - I'll hit you up on Twitter. I don't do Facebook. Thanks!

Nej said...

The way he announces the Parmesan cracks me up!! The buggy eyes, the eyebrows that seem alive...and then an Italian accent....(giggle). :-)

Verdant Earl said...

Nej- Riggianooooo!